Register now to get rid of these ads!

New York State SEMA legislation - Please Read

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM, Jan 23, 2013.

1. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

New York Reintroduces Bill to Provide for One-Time Historic Vehicle Registration Fee Legislation has been reintroduced in the New York Senate (S.B. 1899) to provide that historical vehicle owners only pay a one-time registration fee of $100 upon initial registration. The bill has been referred to the New York Senate Transportation Committee for consideration. The bill was approved by the full Senate last session, but died in the Assembly when the legislature adjourned for the year. We Urge You to Contact Senate Transportation Committee Members (List Attached) Immediately to Request Their Support for S.B. 1899 • The reduced registration fee would be available to owners of historical vehicles owned and operated as an exhibition piece or collector’s item and used for club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses. • Under current New York law, a historical motor vehicle is either a vehicle manufactured more than 25 years ago or one which has unique characteristics and which is determined to be of historical, classic or exhibition value. • The $100 one-time fee would replace the current annual fee of $28.75. DON’T DELAY! Please contact members of the New York Senate Transportation Committee immediately by phone or e-mail to request their support for S.B. 1899. Please e-mail a copy of your letter to Steve McDonald at [email protected]. Also, please forward this Alert to your fellow car enthusiasts. Urge them to join the SAN and help defend the hobby! Thank you for your assistance. New York Senate Transportation Committee To e-mail all Committee members, copy and paste the email address block below:

[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];[email protected]; [email protected]; [email protected];[email protected]

Senator Charles J. Fuschillo Jr. (Chair) Phone: 516-882-0630 Email: [email protected]

Senator Eric Adams Phone: 518-455-2431 Email: [email protected]

Senator Ruben Diaz Phone: 518-455-2511 Email: [email protected]

Senator Martin Malavé Dilan Phone: 518-455-2177 Email: [email protected]

Senator Timothy Kennedy Phone: 518-455-2426 Email: [email protected]

Senator William Larkin Jr. Phone: 518-455-2770 Email: [email protected]

Senator George Maziarz Phone: 518-455-2024 Email: [email protected]

Senator Michael Nozzolio Phone: 518-455-2366 Email: [email protected]

Senator Bill Perkins Phone: 518-455-2441 Email: [email protected]

Senator Michael Ranzenhofer Phone: 518-455-3161 Email: [email protected]

Senator Joseph Robach Phone: 518-455-2909 Email: [email protected]

Senator Malcolm Smith Phone: 518-455-2701 Email: [email protected]

Senator Daniel Squadron Phone: 518-455-2625 Email: [email protected]

Senator Toby Ann Stavisky Phone: 518-455-3461 Email: [email protected]

Senator David Valesky Phone: 518-455-2838 Email: [email protected]

Senator Catherine Young Phone: 518-455-3563 Email: [email protected]

Senator Lee Zeldin Phone: 518-455-3570 Email: [email protected] </pre>

2. So say it be written.... So say it be done!

3. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

A bill to decrease costs to NY State residents? LOL. It'll never pass.

But I'll do my part.

4. Sure it'll pass!

Didn't you hear Mario Homo's raising fines on traffic tickets right after he takes my fuckin' guns. :mad:

5. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Never happen. NEXT!

6. ......Don't be too hasty. It happened in Maryland, one of the most heavily taxed states in the union. The last time I re-registered something Historic it was either $52 for two yrs. or $50 for permanent. Obviously I went for the permanent.

7. Why not? We already have that here in NJ - Land of red tape, taxes, fees, tolls, road construction and corruption.

8. Thank God we don't have that here. :rolleyes:

9. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

We have in in Pennsylvania for $75.

10. Can't hurt to give a call to your legislator's office and go on record as a constituent that you would appreciate their support of the bill.:)

11. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

To the Top for the weekend crowd. A simple letter addressed to all members of the committee will really help get this legislation passed.

Thanks for the help,
    VR&C.

12. Read the law carefully. If it is like what we have here in Minnesota it limits when and where you can drive a car licensed as such.

13. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

Yup. And the least they can do is use clean vaseline. But nooooooo, they gotta use the sandy shit. :mad:;)

14. Drive Em

Drive Em

Texas raised their Antique registration, and you now have to renew it every year instead of every 5 years.

15. You're probably correct. We are not supposed to use the vehicles for "daily transportation" which is a fair enough trade-off for me to save a lot of money. That was the case long before they permitted "permanent" registration though, so nothing new as far as use.

16. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

I do believe that it has the same limitations as some insurance policies (ie. shows, parades, club events AND some personal usage.) One E-Mail with all legislators in the
    send to box will do it. A few minutes to attempt to keep the old car hobby intact and
    reasonably priced.

VR&C.

17. Rich Rogers

Rich Rogers

Last I heard they were using hand cleaner with double the pumice and alittle sand just for good measure..:mad:, man this state sucks.......

18. historynw

historynw

They want my old NY vintage plates (that I bought) had approved and registered my car with. I cancled the insurance after I sold the car and it was lost at sea with the plates a couple of weeks ago...really. They were my plates to do with what I wanted.!!

19. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

20. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

Is $28.75 a year really too much to pay to be able to drive your old car whenever you want? I don't see the benefit unless you own a car you barely ever drive... I rarely keep a car longer than a year or two, guess my cost will be quadrupling then?

21. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Andy, I was just thinking this exact same thing. I get bored with vehicles at around the second or third season. Now if it was a car that I intended to keep for the rest of my life...thats a different story.

22. Screw 'em all......

I use a dealer plate.

23. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Basically, this legislation is intended for the occasional use, not a daily driver. Typical of N.Y., there won't be any enforcement by the Police, etc.... on how often you use your vehicle. This is a good piece of legislation and will save us all a lot of money.

VR&C.

24. Deuces

Deuces

Trolls???... We have those here to...:(

25. olds vroom

olds vroom

Sadly this would never pass in NY . For the simple reason the state is broke and this would loose the state revenue .Don't get me wrong I would love it to pass . Don't forget this is a state that just passed a law that only allows 7 bullets in a gun clip INCLUDING police officers ... Stupid ! I know I'm off topic and on a tangent but this state wouldn't be broke if it would follow floridas step and drug test welfare recipients and cut off those who were using. Sorry for my rant.

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

26. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Back to the top to keep 'er fresh. A quick note to the committee can help pass legislation like this.

Thanks,

VR&C.

27. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

To the top for another time.

Thanks,
    VR&C.

28. VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

VOODOO ROD & CUSTOM

Back up for another look.

VR&C.

29. Fenders

Fenders

".............historical vehicles owned and operated as an exhibition piece or collector’s item and used for club activities, exhibits, tours, parades, occasional transportation and similar uses............."

Yah as long as it isn't enforced, and your insurance company don't care, go for it !!

Mass. has a similar restriction on antique or YOM plates... I'll use regular plates, thank you.

30. raengines

raengines
    from pa.

in Pa. it's a good deal, cheaper inshurance too as a side.