Register now to get rid of these ads!

New York H.A.M.B.ers?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodKush, Oct 17, 2011.

1. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Yes, it does! Purest water around. Do you get to keep any for yourselves?

2. 41fastback

41fastback

That's ALL-BENNY. The source of dysfunction.

3. It is almost void of any 30's junkers to fix up.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  4. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Take a ride to Brownville on rt 12f, cross the bridge go north on co rt 54, then take a right on co rt 53 (game farm rd), go about a mile and look to the right.

I don't know if the yard is still open as the owner passed away last year. Somebody said the wife was bringing in the crusher, someone else mentioned the sons were going to get involved in running as it has been. There is 30s stuff in there,not a lot but some. Also 40's through early 70's.

http://www.bing.com/maps/explore/#5...rb1n5d&lon=8p0xw5&alt=93.158539&z=14&pid=5874

5. Bill Schickling

Bill Schickling

Oswego - Home of the Supermodifieds!

6. Merkonic

Merkonic

Suffolk county

7. Yes. I was there many years ago and knew Eric a bit.He and my Dad would talk on the porch as I went part hunting.Even 15 to 20 years ago the 30's cars he had were taken over by trees.He's gone now. I bought a pair of 1940 fenders for my Master Deluxe for 75 a piece in 2000. .I like any car a man has took from a piece of crap and brought it back.My cut off is about mid to late 70's.Even then I respect the work and dedication of others.Even these kids these days with their rice tuners. I laugh when I see the big single muffler though.So I guess I ain't perfect.But thank you, Farr's has been on my mind for years.The 30 to 60's truck bodys they are lowering and chopping has also caught my eye.Thank you Plym 46 ..I stayed up 2 nights considering a deal for the 30 Ford.But I can't do it. I've been not on the road with a rod since 2000 and this Chev is going to be my return in the spring.I have most parts needed already.take Care OCND68.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2011
  8. huero.sgv

huero.sgv
    from Arizona

Hudson Valley...Orange County...Cornwall, to be exact. I'm originally from Los Angeles, CA but I have felt such an empty presence or rides/bikes up here. Most people whom I've talked to about this (the bigger named clubs) want you to be a Hang Around, Prospect, then after much deliberation, a Member. WTF, when did the scene turn into the Hells Angels?!?!?! I already got jumped into a gang when I was a kid, I'm a f*%^*n grown man now, I'm not going to wash your Ol Lady's car! Hahahahaha.
    Anyway, I'll take the lead on this if no one else want's to, and come up with some guidelines reminiscent of older pre-war car/bike clubs.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  9. cederholm

cederholm

Ha! No shit!

10. huero.sgv

huero.sgv
    from Arizona

When I was a kid, I would look at the map of New York in school and thought the state was just the burroughs (where all the "attractions" were). I thought everything else was Canada!

11. plym49

plym49
    from Earth

Do it.

12. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I'll join a club. Remember NY state is pretty big, we would most likely have to split it into regions.

13. johnc451

johnc451

Fled L.I. in 1975 for peaceful Dutchess County. When southern Dutchess filled up, I headed to northern Dutchess to buy some time-----Clinton Corners------John

14. huero.sgv

huero.sgv
    from Arizona

Shall I pick a historic "defunct"club from years gone by, or make a new one up? If I need to make one, suggestions?

15. drfreeze

drfreeze

Farmingdale , Long Island .....centrally located and always stuck in traffic!

16. huero.sgv

huero.sgv
    from Arizona

Sounds like you're a good candidate for Chapter President.

17. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

No one flies into to New York to visit Herkimer County
    Do they have a Airport w/Paved runway ?

18. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Yes there is a paved strip, outside Herkimer, it where they ship the diamonds from, but it only about 20 miles to the west is the former Griffis Air Force Base, they used to handle little stuff like KC10 Extenders and those pesky little B 52's, so pretty sure you might be able to land anything in your inventory there.

19. HotRodKush

HotRodKush

I might have mentioned this before, but a few of us in Putnam County have a loose-knit hot rod / motorcycle club - if the guidelines/rules wind up being in line with ours, I could hold a vote to merge our club into a larger one and head up the Putnam County chapter if needed. It depends on whether or not you'd want other sorts of vehicles in addition to traditional hotrods (like bobbers or other sorts of semi-traditional bikes). Send me a PM if you want. We need more Kulture up in this area for sure.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  20. BatzNY

BatzNY

Howdy! yea thats right I said Howdy what of it? lol Originally from Waste-chester county (peekskill to be exact) did a short stint in Houston Texas now happily married and residing in Dutchess county (la grange/poughkeepsie border) I would be down to hook up with a club for sure. I rolled with a club in Houston and we would bracket race friday nights. the H.A.S.T.E guys and I always had a blast. I've been looking for some kool kats to run around with since I moved away from my old stomping grounds.

Batz

21. ssffnomad

ssffnomad

22. Rons32

Rons32

Northern Dutchess County, Millerton, 12546

23. kkoacolonel

kkoacolonel
    from Union,NJ

Does being an original NY'er count?.Born and Raised in Staten Island.

24. Fedcospeed

Fedcospeed

Grand Island,Between the most contaminated ground on earth(Niagara Falls) and the worst place to be a sports fan(Buffalo)Cant wait to retire and move

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  25. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

Dude, everytime I go into Canada through Niagara I hate that last stretch of highway. I can't imagine anyone ever getting use to that stink. Just like you said between Buffalo and Niagara.

26. JaBoney

JaBoney

dee Island, where we drink water from da ground. Same place we flush our toilets into!

27. I don't think they consider Staten Island,,, New York,,,,its the city:rolleyes:

28. sir_ely

sir_ely

Eastern Suffolk here!

It's the taxes baby!

29. old soul

old soul
    from oswego NY

Hey do any of you ny hambers have any cool projects forsale or any thing drivable with a decent price tag on it. I wrecked my car im looken for some wheels. message me.

30. strato

strato

North shore Long Island