Register now to get rid of these ads!

New White Wall Tires Have Brown Streaks, But Not Dirt, Stains? Please Help.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FordMan53, Oct 21, 2009.

1. FordMan53

FordMan53
    from So Cal

I bought four new Coker WW's, Bias Ply, and they are kept clean. The problem is they keep getting this weird brown/orange discoloration on each tire, but it isn't dirt, not from the rim, but has to be from the rubber. Are whitewalls solid white rubber on the side wall, and what could the brown be besides dirt? Thx

2. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Are you sure it's not from the rim? I'm experiencing the same thing from a new to me but used rim that I put on earlier this summer. In my haste I did not prime and paint the wheel properly and my new Diamondback gets rusty streaks on it after they get wet. This winter I'm going to break the tire down and prep the wheel properly then remount.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

sounds like the backside of the lip of the rim is rusty.... that'll happen. When the tire guys slide that tool around the lip of the rim, sometimes it'll take the paint right off!!

4. ronnie tidwell

ronnie tidwell
    from odessa tx

hot water and bleach, works wonders, try it

5. Sticher1

Sticher1
    from Ct

anybody think of no sealer between the tire & the white-wall ,had the same thing on a set of diamond backs sent them back they fixed them & sent them back,end of story

6. MEDDLER1

MEDDLER1

Alot of them turn brown if you catch it soon enough try westlys bleach white.stuff works awesome.i have noticed in the past though it doesnt work on all of em especially the ones that havent been cleaned in awhile.IT WORKS ON THE WHOLE TIRE NOT JUST THE WHITE WALL.

7. JerseyJim

JerseyJim

You may be getting a bleed through from the black rubber underneath. I used to be in the tire business and saw this quite a bit. I would get in touch with Coker about this.

8. kieran

kieran
    from San Diego

degreaser usually works

9. T.W.Dustin

T.W.Dustin

I have a new 7.50 x 16 Firestone from Coker that is turing brown around the outside edge of the whitewall. It is the edge where the white ends and the black starts, i.e. not touching the rim. It does not want to "clean off". This tire has less that 100 miles on it and my '29 coupe is stored indoors.

10. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

Don't use Wesleys Bleach White on tires, it's not good for the rubber, dries it out. Use Simple Green, works awesome.

11. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

Westleys bleche white hasn't dried my tires yet and ive been using it for years. maybe you thinking of chlorine bleach?