Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Website!! i'll trade you a discount for feedback

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by doctorZ, Jul 5, 2010.

1. doctorZ

doctorZ

socalsac.com

We have been working on our website for months and have finally loaded it up with parts, books, magazines, shirts and various useless crap! I would love it if you guys checked it out and left some feedback. How's browsing? Were you able to find what you needed? Did you get lost? What would you change? Were the categories appropriate and helpful?

Let us know so we can fix it if need be.

Ok, screw it. Go on the website between now and the end of the week and I'll give you 5% off your order for doing nothing. So long as the order is placed through the website (this does not apply to engines, frames or bodies). Use the keyword 1932 Ford (I know, creative, huh?). If you are an Alliance Member you will still get your 10% discount but I can't combine them.

Thanks in advance!
    -Rob

socalsac.com

2. Sjiefaa

Sjiefaa
    from Holland

Looking good, easy to browse and pleasing to the eye.

Great job. Please check your inbox.

3. pcterm2

pcterm2

:Di think you did a damn good job,everything was real easy

4. Evel

Evel
    1. 60s Show Rods

Looks Rad dude,, Only one problem.... your out of MFS DVD's :D

5. Wow that looks really cool!

6. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Wow.. that site looks really good!! Great work

7. 55chieftan

55chieftan
    from Maryland

The site looks great. Very eay to navigate!

8. Cshabang

Cshabang

looks good, easy to use...placing a small order now in fact haha

9. DanIam

DanIam

Dude! I ran across your website a couple weeks back when I was doing a search for parts. I have a "favorites" bookmarkwhere I keep track of websites that I think have a great design to them. Yours was immediately bookmarked at that time. It is a very fresh design and very clean as well. I think you have a winner! Good luck with your business.

10. doctorZ

doctorZ

thanks for all of the compliments! we're very happy with it to. we owe it all to Brent at Fuel Creative Group. he is a local hot rodder, hamber and a very nice guy. the fact that he "gets it" really helped with the design process. all acclaim really needs to go to him and his co-workers.

11. Johnny Bones

Johnny Bones

Beautiful site. Very clean design. I'm diggin it.

12. kookee

kookee

Looks good. I know demand and money drive the product development and sales, but every site is Ford focused. I know it is probably the bread and butter, but, there it is..

Diversity will keep me looking.

13. R Frederick

R Frederick
    from illinois

Bookmarked, good stuff. Will be ordering some soon when I get my head straight.

14. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

15. JoeySwass

JoeySwass

Great site. Easy to navigate and appealing to the eye. Ive been surfing it for the last two weeks from time to time and will buying a complete front end kit soon. It might be cool to have a related product box next to items. I have had this feature on a few websites Ive owned and would recomend the feature.

16. Fenders

Fenders

What, it takes months to design a web page?
    Then I went to it.........
    Beautiful !! It has a great vintage look. A lot of thought went into the design.
    Congrats !!

17. MissPrint

MissPrint

Love the look of the website, very easy to navigate, but you've got some broken links? problem? with the women's t-shirts. . .

When I clicked on several of them, there was no enlargement feature for the shirts (on the Women's Pistons' shirts in particular). Really like that feature on the other shirts, easy to actually see the logos.

One more thang (minor minor nitpicky thang):

On the women's t-shirts, when you say "Jr. Women's," do you mean "Girly T-shirt" cut, or are these Junior sizes?

Are the women's t-shirts cut like men's (regular t-shirt cut) but just in smaller sizes, or are the women's t's a "Girly T-shirt" cut?

Hope that makes sense. . .

Fabu site. . .might just have to add some more schwag to my collection. . .:D

Edited to add: Did some more browsing around and found one other thang you might want to change?

Was looking through the Trophy Queen purses, and pages 2-4 aren't clothing/accessories.

Pages 2-4 are lokar shifter knob adapters, Rat Fink door locks, Moon Eyes decals, One Shot, Brushes, etc. . .Car accessories, not clothing accessories. . .

Think these might be in the wrong place? ;):eek:

Edited again, to add: Sorry to add another edit, but one more suggestion for easier navigation:

Under books, magazines and posters, you've got 6 pages of various (and incredibly varied) merchandise. Trust me, LOVE all of it, and already making mental notes about what I want to buy, however:

I'd really suggest doing a few sub-categories here for easier navigation -- perhaps a breakdown into Magazines (then one front page with Rodder's Journal, DICE, Hop Up, etc. . .), One with "How To Books" (the upholstery books, the guides to pinstriping and the like), One with Posters (so Weesner's posters aren't lost in the mix), One with Hot Rod History (or a category of the like).

Hope nothing I've said has pissed ya off; truly, I'm putting forward these suggestions to make it easier to get to the quality items you've got for sale.

And trust me, too, when I say, you'll be getting a big order from me in the not to distant future! ;):D

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  18. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Looks great. Need some parts soon.

19. sinks88

sinks88

very good review! above is about all i found as well, might want to add a search string somewhere.

20. Checkerwagon

Checkerwagon

The site looks good ! I think I'll treat myself to a couple new Zippos, I know that I deserve a treat !
    Dale K
    Cleveland OH

21. solid

solid

Like it alot. Easy to use.

22. doctorZ

doctorZ

thanks for all the feedback. i've been trying to fix all of the mistakes as i hear about them from y'all. the store categories got a little jumbled up, but we're working all the kinks out. also, we have begun to add 'related items,' which i am finding is ridiculously time consuming! thanks for all the feedback!!!

oh, and we have added about 200 more items since this thread was started!!

23. lockwoodkustoms

lockwoodkustoms

The site is very nice and easy to navigate. I found what I need on there as well.