Register now to get rid of these ads!

New website for hauling/shipping

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by iamflashman, Apr 5, 2011.

1. iamflashman

iamflashman

After seeing a bunch of threads about needing stuff hauled here or there, I decided to put together a website to help with that.

It is real simple right now, but it has the basics so far...

It is set up so that if you need something hauled somewhere, you put in some basic information about the item, and hopefully someone is travelling to or from there that can help you out.

It is free to use and will always be. I am not out to make a bundle on the deal, just would like to get something started that can help everyone out. If it ever gets crazy expensive to maintain, I will throw some ads or something on there...

It really depends on people willing to haul stuff registering so if you are a shipper/hauler of some sort, please register.

Please PM or email me any feedback. Like I said, the site is new and basic right now. I plan to add more features if there is any interest like maps and what not.

If you get an errors, please let me know. I wrote this from scratch so there may be hiccups now and again. If you let me know, I can fix them.

http://www.fishbulb.org

Last edited: Apr 5, 2011
  2. I wish you luck in your endeavor, but I really don't think we need another Uship out there where cheapskates who don't care about their vehicles or the quality of the transporter can get a stupid low price.
    There are already 3 quality transporters with many years of experience in the HAMB O Dex: Racinman, BenD & myself, & I'm sure a couple of hacks that are advertising in the misc. section, but eventually the feedback will drive them away.
    Bill

3. iamflashman

iamflashman

I think you miss the main idea of the site. I probably am giving the wrong impression of what I am trying to do.

I guess auto transport is probably not really a good idea for it since you need a reputable person. I would not trust some random person to haul my car for me!

This is more for car parts and other items that you just want someone to pick up for you.

I kind of thought of it like a craigslist for hauling stuff. Not to steal business from car haulers such as yourself but to help them find you and give you business.

I know I travel from Austin to Amarillo frequently and wouldn't mind hauling a fender, door, etc for free if I knew someone who needed help.

That is more the idea, people helping other people.

I did put in simple rating system as well. I also will provide a section for business profiles at some point for folks who want businesses like yourself rather than some random guy.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2011
  4. Ok Flashman, I understand, I may have soounded a bit harsh & that was not my intent. I will check out the site, I do add on some parts in the truck along with the car transports
    Bill

5. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

do a search here for The H.A.M.B. Relay Group - CURIOUS RASH started it

6. dynodano

dynodano
    from Amarillo

Great idea. Hope it works.

7. iamflashman

iamflashman

This is not really meant to replace that group. Just an attempt to organize the requests and shippers to make it easier for shipper type folks to find stuff to haul.

Here is a scenario I envision for this thing:

1. Someone buys a part off of here, ebay, craigslist, whatever... in another city.
    2. They put in a request on my website to see if someone can haul it for them.
    3. Another user comes in and sees that someone needs something carried in an area that they travel and makes an offer (this can be anywhere from free to $9999 just because the field takes 4 digits)
    4. The person who put in the request can then contact that person or vice-versa for more details
    5. After the shipment is done, the requester can then rate that "shipper"

The difference between my site and other shipping sites:

1. I do not charge anything and never will. The whole point is to help people, not be a jerk!
    2. I do not require you follow the whole process. This isn't like ebay where you have to do all the steps, you can just receive and offer and send that person a message. The formal steps are just for folks who want to use them.
    3. It does not require you are a pro to do shipping. Sometimes you want a pro (like to ship a car), other times you just want a lawnmower picked up in town and don't have a truck to borrow. Also, since you don't have to be a pro, this can help folks who make frequent trips just make a few bucks.

When you register, you put in whether you are a pro or just an individual. That way, the person requesting the shipping can pick. I imagine a pro costs more but a lot of people will pay more for a pro since they are more likely to be bonded, etc...

8. ArchangelKustom

ArchangelKustom
    from NR/OH

Always nice to see the 'establishment' puttin the squeeze on the new guys.

9. iamflashman

iamflashman

I would like to apologize to the folks that have received no response when they had errors.

I did not have my email forwarding turned on and was not ever seeing the emails.

I have now corrected several issues that were occuring and will receive your emails now.

Sorry for any problems and I appreciate your help getting this thing started.

James