Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Vintage Tin

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fredb, Jan 21, 2012.

1. the March 2012 Hot Rod Magazine has a pretty cool article with photos of late 40's to 70's vintage rust free cars found primarily in the south west. prices ranging from damn near come and get it to B&J outrageous. Worth picking one up for a quick gander.

2. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

... How is March issue out?... Its still January... Things like that bother me...
    Sorry... just had to say...

3. daddio211

daddio211

The large lot with most of the shots is near me. The guy is definitely a car guy, knows what he has and knows what its worth. I don't say that in any derogatory way at all, he's "one of us". Things are for sale for fair prices.

4. EnragedHawk

EnragedHawk
    from Waco, TX

That's what I was wondering when I got my February and March issue at the same time.

5. Maybe I came across wrong...I certainly didn't mean to imply that most of these cares that had a price listed were not worth the price (I'd say most were under valued), but I guess I wanted to say that the 55 Buick for 38K was out of my league (but a damn nice car none the less)

6. daddio211

daddio211

I didn't take your comment that way at all, just disappointed with the article in that it made it sound like these cars are everywhere around here and damn near free. It wasn't good journalism in my narrow little mind.

Sorry my comment came across differently Fred, that wasn't my intent, just that the article was misleading.

7. mastergun1980

mastergun1980
    from Alva OK

I live in Northwest Oklahoma , and I routinely buy cars at real good prices . That being said most have rust but are not " rust buckets " I got that issure the other day to And really enjoyed it . I love hunting for old car as much as I like working on em ! I kinda have a problem really - I buy to many of em.... At a great price but to mant anyway.