Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New vehicle acquired, 1929 Ford Model A Tudor.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodToomer, Jun 7, 2020.

1. 2935ford

2935ford

Those A's are a very hardy and well built vehicle. Enjoy! :)
    I have had many over the years. I now have, for me, the perfect combo...........28 Tudor Hot Rod and a bone stock 29 Coupe.

2. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I doubt that this will do any good, because it's almost impossible to reason with somebody with such a crap-ass attitude. But I'm gonna give it a shot.
    @sgtlethargic ... most of your posts seem to be nothing but negative BS. The threads that you visit with your negative shit usually seems to be where people are having the most fun. It's usually not overly blatant... just enough to get under someone's skin... just enough to let a little air out of someone's happy balloon. Just a little rain on the parade. But not so bad that you can't deny it when someone calls you out for it. You'll probably try to say that you're not doing any more than anybody else does around here. You know... just humorous jabbing... or constructive criticism. Bullshit. You do it too much.
    Not sure what the problem is. That's for you to figure out.
    But I'm going to ask you to do something for everybody here... as well as yourself.
    Try to learn to be happy for other people's happiness. And EXPRESS it! Or don't say anything at all. Nothing wrong with opinions here and there. We all do it. That's part of our discussions. But it's only part of it.
    Maybe try not to be negative
    ALL the fkn time?
    That would be WONDERFUL.

HotRodToomer just got the car, and he's obviously just experimenting. Jeeeeez...

flatheadpete likes this.
  3. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Haha, I liked it the way it looked. I just had to pucker the headlights in to clear the fenders.
    Next year its probably all coming back off going to its striped down glory.

flatheadpete likes this.
  4. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thumbs up. Have fun.

5. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

So....when do I get to drive? ;)

6. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

As soon as possible.
    Theres a list of people I've gotta share in the experience of being down the road in that car.
    You know you're high on that list.
    Saturday it's going in storage for the time being but I'll dig it back out in the spring. I've got to take all the stuff I put on it back off and get everything working. This bug eyed, high horn mount look isn't doing it for me.

This no garage thing sucks major egg.
    20200917_193752.jpg

7. HotRodToomer

HotRodToomer

Put it all together, got it all cleaned out and ready to put away for the winter.
    Bunch of parts ordered and waiting to get it tip-top and fun.
    Drove it the few miles it needed to go rather then use a damn trailer, not an issue at all except having to pull over to fill the quart aux fuel tank. Wound it out a bit and really put it through its paces to get everything it needs figured out. So far brakes, patch up the radiator and exhaust gaskets are the only mechanical issues I can find.

Other then that, it'll be one fun jalopy.

20200919_134346.jpg 20200919_150611.jpg 20200919_150637.jpg 20200919_134407.jpg