Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Truck...well new to me

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eddie1, Sep 4, 2010.

1. eddie1

eddie1

We all seem to need a shop/dump/Home Depot truck & I thought my wife & I would kill 2 birds with one stone & have a cool old truck that was not to nice to use as a truck. I have been looking for a suitable F-100 for a while now. We were about to make a trip south into Wash. state to look at a couple & my wife finds a 63 Chev on Craigslist she likes the look of. I was the first one we looked at last Saturday & by the end of the day we were back exchanging cash for an old truck.
    It's a 6 cylinder, 3 speed manual, with manual steering & brakes. No way my wife can drive this thing. So by next spring it will look the same as it does now, only with power disc brakes, power steering & a 454 & 700R4. The only other changes are new box wood & as she would like to drive it to work occasionly there will have to be a rear bumper.
    The pictures are from the craigslist ad & some my wife found on the internet as I just got the OK today from US Customs to take the vehicle out of the country, so by next weekend it will be home in my garage.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    The only change from when these pictures were taken & how the truck looks right now is it has wide whitewall bias-ply tires.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
  2. eddie1

eddie1

Before I get blasted on the rattle-can flat black finish I do intend to paint the truck properly, the money for that is just not going to be there before next spring. Maybe by the next year though!

3. smarg

smarg

Looks clean, should be a whole lot of fun to cruise in!

Swap over to that V8 to get that good low tone for cruisin' about town....

4. big bad john

big bad john

Looks clean...enjoy the ride. Big Bad John:D

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. eddie1

eddie1

Got the truck safely across the border yesterday. The expierence with both US &
    Canada Customs went smoothly. The only hitch was when you buy a used vehicle & the seller tells you the fuel guage works, fill it up anyway. I ran out of fuel with the guage reading 1/4 tank. I got nice new 2 1/2 gallon jerry can now too!

6. studemisfit

studemisfit

awesome truck dude. had a 66 f1oo. miss it much. good luck.