Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Trditional rod from Hotwheels

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by carmak, Oct 12, 2005.

1. carmak

carmak

2. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Leave it to hot wheels to make a body with tons of potential and then ruin it with all the garbage stuff they seem to think looks good.

3. stan292

stan292

4. coupedevil

coupedevil

:confused:where are the moon or steelie wheels with cool tires like WW's. Ruined by low profiles on dubs!!! :eek:

5. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Drill out the rivits and put them on yerself.... thats what I do! :)

6. Looks like Posies "truck" from last year.

7. And here I thought Reggie built another car.

8. hot wheels is now making rims through kmc. they only come in 16-18''

9. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

At least they put Bomber seats in it.:D

10. Mootz

Mootz

Hot wheels almost always blows it with the wheels. They need to take lessons from Jada but ya, I'll probably buy it.

Mootz

11. Rusty

Rusty

Gettin alittle better. Like the gas tank

12. Cword

Cword

13. DrJ

DrJ

What's up with the butt=ugly Bling-dubs?
    I usta buy handfuls of Hotwheels every time I went to Target' but they haven't made a single new car I care to buy since... well...
    It coincides with the "retirement" of a certain HAMBer/ HotWheels VP who must have been the ramrod of everything cool there, since nothing is anymore. :(

14. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Sure does Unk....the design that Jeem did for Kustombuilder....
    uh huh....

15. Django

Django
    from Chicago

We need to start a petition to get Brush on at Mattel as a freelance Hot Wheels designer. I can think of no one better suited for the job.

And of course, I'd like to take a swing at some of the packaging/marketing materials. ;)

16. 50Fraud

50Fraud

A couple of weeks ago, Mattel replaced the VP/Design on Hot Wheels with a guy who was in that job about six years ago (before me). This was a popular move with the design staff.

And yesterday they announced that the president, Matt Bousquette, had left the company effective immediately. He had failed to turn around the decline in Barbie sales, and die-cast toys are doing poorly worldwide.

I can't tell you whether these changes will make the product better or worse, but it will almost certainly change in some direction.

17. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

I'm glad there isn't 100 first editions! The trend toward blinged out, cartoonish rides really hurt the collectors who don't want to have to buy 50 cars worth of crap each year.

(and my computer wont let me see pics from that link... anyone want to post a picture of it?)

18. mojo66

mojo66

Hey Mike, there is some sort of lock on that pic. You can't right click on the pic and save it, I get a message about copyright and no reproduction. First time I've seen this.ever.

19. ratrodford

ratrodford

the dubs ruined it for me...............

20. I just saved it to my pictures and resized it. Here it is. fordnutz.

21. blktopbandit

blktopbandit

nice work.

22. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

Chad....Then we can start our evil plan for worldwide hotrod domination.....
    Working for Mattel/Hotwheels......that would be dreamee.........(sigh)

23. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

I doctored the wheels. Much better I think. Back in the day, Chili Phil built a model that looked a lot like this. He called it "The Court Jester" and he had it on display at the local hobby store. He probably doesn't remember, but I do.

pigpen

[​IMG]

24. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

its a hotwheels thing..you wouldnt understand :D:D

I personally like the new line....

my favorite car is the way 2 fast double engine sedan i have about 20 variations of that one... :)

i love hotwheels, and im not a collector as more of a rip it open and play with it.....yeah..i got a track and all...............

-Rob

25. caffeine

caffeine
    from Central NJ

you also have to figure out, to make them 99cents they cant go making 1 off molds for wheels, they have to make them kinda generic, or make them 3.99 or whatever like the jada toys (which i also have)

even the cars, there arent many diffent castings, as much as variations.

26. Hey, do you remember ol' Pat Doolin? He swiped a can of white reflective paint used for painting crosswalks. I painted quite a few models with it. He had retarded brother, Larry, who used to build little Model As out of beer cans. He used to steal the wheels off my little brothers toy cars for them. That was what the Jester was based on. I also remember that we used to go to the Woolworths and squeeze the stamped metal friction cars to lower them. I think that's where I got most of my ideas about STANCE. Palmdale Plaza. Man. You've tickled my sluggish grey matter to life.

Phil

27. pigpen

pigpen
    from TX USA

I never knew Pat Doolin or his brother. I did however, buy many a model kit at Woolworths in the Palmdale Plaza, and a few box kites as well. I never thought I would ever be writing about it on a machine like this computer. I call it "The Magic Box". I spend too much time on it. I'm going out now to work on the old Chevy truck, a tribute to Hal Brumbach and his extremely fine daughter. :rolleyes:

pigpen

28. Flathead Youngin'

Flathead Youngin'

bling, bling, baby!!!

29. Skimmer

Skimmer

Now thats cool

30. sean72

sean72

Jason Wheeler does increadible work, here is the '62 Ford Econoline that I sent him.

Sean

Attached Files: