Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage New Traditional Show in Wisconsin..."WE HAVE A WINNER"...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by krooser, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

The Wisconsin TERRORtory Hot Rod & Custom Show

2. the other best show in WISC.

3. where the legislators can't hide

4. krooser

krooser

When I was in the stock car racing biz we had other tracks running the same cars three nights per week and everybody did OK. Last night I was in Brownstown, IN for a USAC Sprint Car show as part of Indiana Sprint Week... six nights of sprint cars on dirt at tracks no more than 80 miles apart. There were 300 campers in the parking lot that travel track to track for a week... 3000+ folks in the grandstands. Tonight 40 miles away in Bloomington there will be another big crowd watching the same cars... I bet if there were three hot rod shows within a 40 mile radius 3 days in a row you would get MORE cars and MORE spectators than having one show each weekend.... just my thoughts.

I had six choices for a date... two of which were the week before the Shakedown and the Shakedown weekend.... you will never pick a date that everybody likes... you make a commitment and go with it.

Home Depot is across the street from Lowes... the Chevy dealer is down the street from the Ford store...they all compete for the same business everyday... our shows are weeks apart. I don't see a problem.

BTW... I just got home and have 12 hours before I head out again. We had a name but it got nixed by my boss... I won't mention her name.

Stay tuned.

5. seems all the names are still in the hat ... and the winner is in yer pocket

6. krooser

krooser

Pretty neat...

7. krooser

krooser

We have a Winner!!!​

After our panel of experts (?) put their heads together it turns out that one of our Friendly Illinois Bretheren, Francisco Plumbero, has come up with the name of the show...

RUMBLEFEST!!!

A search of this name came up with a few other non-hot rod shows with the same name... a roller coaster event, an off-road BMX race and a hot rod show in the UK. Then we found another music oriented show from CA and NC... oh well. Rumblefest it is...

My bride actually didn't like the name and threatened to boycott the show but that nifty little cartoon by Vonzemo pushed over into the "like" column...

So FP you are the man of the hour... I will PM you with all the details of your incredible prize package!!!!

I would also like to thank everyone who contributed an entry to the contest... as a token of my appreciation, everyone who contributed an entry (even the smart ass ones) will receive one wristband good for a weekend admission to the show. I will soon announce an email address that you can use to send me your mailing address and I will send out the wristbands ASAP.

Thanks again...

8. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Scratch the "first annual" and just keep it Rumblefest. Or Rumblefest #1 Those "First Annual" monickers always tend to bug me for some reason.

After I retire Rumblefest #3 or ???? may just be reason enough to make a road trip.

9. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

dang, I wanted paperdog to win.....

10. name calling is my calling

11. festovus for the rust of us

will stop now
    good luck

and on with the show

Last edited: Jul 18, 2011
  12. wannadrag

wannadrag
    from WI

Did i miss where its going to be held at?

13. edit....i was a week late... dang

14. No you didn't miss anything, he just won't tell us for some reason.

15. willie57

willie57
    from wisconsin

So tell me will this get in?

Attached Files:

16. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

Yeah, I'm interested to know. Will that sweet car get into the new traditional show?

17. well we look forward to the drive to wisconsin as long as we dont have to park outside the show after driving say 18 hours ?
    I personally thought I had acouple good one's too!!!
    rumblefest sounds good to and I think the cartoon helped

18. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

If you are attending a show that has specific criteria to enter, wouldn't you want to help the show succeed by only trying to enter a qualifying car (no matter how far you have driven)?

19. Hey congrats to FB !
    Whew ! It was good to hear that Krooser initially liked the name too !
    Hope the show is a big success.

20. Krooser will be posting the location & pics soon and from the pics I've seen it will be lots of fun!:cool: Stay tuned for more ASAP.

21. SLCK64

SLCK64

I with ^^^^^^

Cant have an "Annual" till there is more than one right?

"Inaugural"...thats a diff story ;)

22. krooser

krooser

I'll spill the beans on the location and some details during the first week of August... so many things are up in the air regarding details on the show that I don't want to say too much then have to change things...

I am thinking about inviting you guys to look over the joint one afternoon and give me your ideas regarding camping, vendor locations and the general layout of the show. Maybe some free beer and chow would be an incentive... stay tuned.

23. Im there!! even before you mentioned free beer...........

24. ...someone say "free lunch"?

25. wisdonm

wisdonm

What about the beer? Where? When?

Do you guys need help?

26. krooser

krooser

Yep...FREE!

I figured the "Leprechaun" would head out at the mere mention of it....

wisdonm... we always need help.

27. krooser

krooser

Mooch...hahaha. i darn near stopped at YOUR joint today for a cold one...

Yes...

We always need help...

Great car...

Our show criteria will be pretty tight... pretty much anything post-64 that is visible will kick it out of the main show area. I do reserve the right to make exceptions on a car by car basis... but don't expect a lot of leeway.

The hot rod stuff is a little easier to define... no billet/22's/etc. Any 'custom' will need two or more mods to be 'in'... nosed/decked/lowered... you know the drill.

I will have some great parking for the cars that don't quite fit... bring Grand Ma's Rambler... we'll give you a handicapped sticker and loan you a walker...

Last edited: Jul 23, 2011