Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration NEW Traditional Rod&Kulture....

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 31whitey, Aug 28, 2009.

1. 31whitey

31whitey

Completely Blown away by this Issue....#19...Fall 09.

Hambrs include....

Gambino(hope I spelled that right..please dont kill me)

The Shocker...

Jalopy showdown....

Amocat....whoa brother.

An old deuce hot rod....Bruce Larson.

A sweet A truck.

That gold channeled 34....think it was Boosters(r.i.p)

A WL H.D. that i would gladly kick any of my bikes over for just a ride....

This issue tops all before and thats NO small feat.

Thank you Zombie and crew.....well done

2. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Whitey, I'll look forward to getting my copy it sound bloody great as always, Just seen a picture of your frame at ASS in Rolls 'n' Pleats looks Damn NICE indeed!

Nick.

3. skunx1964

skunx1964

sweet, cant wait to pick up that issue

4. damn it havent seen it yet, is there a 41 Plymouth coupe featured?

5. chickenwire

chickenwire
    from New Jersey

This issue is bad ass! awesome features, fantastic photography... well done!

6. ewt2

ewt2

Big THANKS to Zombie and Kent Bash for doing an artical on my artwork! I love that magazine and I'm very honored to be in there. TR&K is the type of magazine you read one page at a time, so you don't miss a thing...
    [​IMG]

7. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

8. cruzr

cruzr

also on page 28 you will find a shot of 32gals roadster at Santa Maria

9. SO-CAL L.A.

SO-CAL L.A.
    BANNED

YES! Great Magazine!!! If you are having difficulty locating it in the South Bay let us know and we can point you in the right direction. Thanks SSSC L.A.

10. ShelbyStang

ShelbyStang

LOVE the photography in this mag! I checked it out at the grocery store sunday night. Well done!

11. Yep

12. ewt2.....man your artwork is so realistic!! great stuff, and great issue!

13. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

I'm going to go pick that up today. I never seem to know when the new one is coming out... luckily it doesn't sell like hotcakes in my town. What a bitchin' mag though!

14. 54_Nailhead

54_Nailhead

Is this the '41 Plymouth you speak of?

[​IMG]

15. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I ALSO would like to thank Zombie for using my coverage of Antique Nats! Hope you liked everything. I really appreciate the opportunity!

Still haven't seen the mag on the shelf.... I'm jealous!

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  16. KIRK!

KIRK!

Can't wait to see it! Always great.

17. SUHRsc

SUHRsc

Is it on news stands yet?

18. LOWCAB

LOWCAB
    from Houston

I'll be heading out to pick up that issue as soon as possible. I really need to subscibe. Congrats Ed on the art feature, your artwork is always really nice.

B

19. Hopefully Bruce Larsen will have that coupe at his Nostalgia Dragfest on 11/14. Great issue of this mag.

20. Yep, got mine at the grocery store

21. yep thats it. car i did for a HAMBER, LADYLUX

22. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

yup... another outstanding issue.

anyone know the story on the gold 34? looks like one a guy up in Oregon put together not too long ago, just wondering if it is the same car.

23. 32gal

32gal
    from The OC

I got a copy at Stater Bros market, was suprised to see my car {32 roadster} on page 28,along with coverage of Santa Maria. Great magazine with super photography.

24. couverkid

couverkid

Yes the same car. Built by Charlie Hascall of Dayton Oregon. Was not a old hot rod. The body was a old stock car or drag car body with all the inner structure cut out. He got a nice original frame got a olds motor from the guy he got the body from and built a bad ass channeled east coast looking hot rod. The frame is not Z'ed and it does not have a lasalle trans like I believe it says just a old ford trans. Charlie had fun with this car and I was there on may of these fun times I am glad he sold it someone was going to get hurt and he know what I mean;).Funny thing is Charlie built the car and ran it in oregon with that same New Jersey license plate just funny it ended up in new jersey. The reason I say someone was going to get hurt you will have to ask Charlie if you know him. (Time the early ford transmission exploded and the case broke in I think 9 pieces, broken banjo axle inside fairgrounds at puyallup,oiling the tires and doing burnout in parking lot of motel in bakersfield,ca. )Oh the memorys.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2009
  25. Spike!

Spike!

Thanks for the info! I was told very little by the new owner of the car so I only had that info to go by. My research through east coast "little books" was unsuccessful and your post probably explains why. I hope I put that point across in the article...

Spike

26. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

as usual a great mag. I have a particular like for the purple pickup. Cool.

27. six pack to go

six pack to go
    from new jersey

28. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

just re-read the article. wonder if the new owner really bought it from a widow and didn't know that it is a fairly recent build. Guess Charlie did a good job on his period correct build.

29. Funny, my friend Martin is here from England and just bought that mag. and brought it over. I saw the gold coupe and said, I know that car. Booster must have bought that car from the builder. Booster died bout two years ago unfortunately in a car wreck. Guess his widow sold it to the new gent. I mentioned that I was surprised that Spike didn't know? Booster knew a lot of folks...good man. Rip Booster.

30. Choptop

Choptop

Just read the Billetproof article, and then went and looked at pics of all ~650 cars that were at the show and I'm trying to figure out how someone could come up with the idea that only a handful were "traditional" hot rods *scratches head*

Oh well, I guess it comes down to the "I'm more traditional than you maaaaaaaaan" sort of thing. Thats a shame.