Register now to get rid of these ads!

NEw Toy

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mr63, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Well picked this up yesturday needs a few things like a radiator and windshield but overall decent little car. I have to find some parts sources not haveing a lot of luck on epay etc. can't seem to get a response from the 100e ford club?? any way here its sits in the driveway like most of my projects.

Attached Files:

2. Look good with sbc or sbf stuffed under the hood,got a slick interior, that windshield might be a bear to locate, looks like glass off a pv544 volvo,good luck,,,Sam

3. TomP64

TomP64
    from Vancouver

I like it! Forget the SBC nonsense, that car has to have a Ford engine. I'd be inclines to stick a 289 or 302 but even a turbo 2.3 might go OK in a light little thing like that.

4. fleetside66

fleetside66

A friend had one just like that in the 60's. One day we were driving down the street in the city & were both looking at these two girls walking down the sidewalk. My buddy didn't see the '57 Buick stopped in front of us & rear-ended it. My knee hit the dash & the radio fell out on the floor. The Buick was un-injured.

5. 64 DODGE 440

64 DODGE 440
    from so cal

Stuff a Hemi in it!

6. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

what are your plans for it?

7. with that small of a car on the street.. id go with a sbf its lighter.. might still handle after your done. or just keep whats ever in there and get great gas mileage while having a cool car... I like it

8. Ghostdriver

Ghostdriver
    from England

9. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Totally screams 302 but I believe I gonna stay stock. My wif and daughter just fell in Love I guess there goes my plans .

10. :):):):):).....

Attached Files:

11. Jagman

Jagman

When I was 16 my best bud and I put a 283 bored out to 301 in one of those. Twin WCFB's and a 3 speed stick, later a powerglide when we couldn't figure out how to make the clutch linkage work. A cut down Mustang rear end and a shortened driveshaft and it ran! The engine sat so far back in order to clear the stock radiator that the distributor was under the dash!

Went straight like a scalded cat, would not turn or stop tho since everything else was still stock Anglia parts!

Hey, we were 16.......:eek:

12. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

here is my buddys "TheKId49" on the HAMB..
    a little street roody but he built it when he was 13...he is now 31-2 still owns it today.
    it has been drivenevery where...NJ,Ohio(i think)NC all over.
    it is a really kool ass car...

Attached Files:

13. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

that is one badass lttle ride!
    i don't think my ladies would have a problem driving that:)

14. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Heres what I need to take care of first and formost then will see how much interest the family has. I am digging all the hot rod anglia info i have found. I really was just gonna get it streetable again to have something to cruise in while I work on the truck. But who know I have totaly lost direction due to the holidays.

Attached Files:

15. GTS225

GTS225

Why not set up the original four cylinder with a turbo? Seems to me it would make an interesting sleeper car.

Roger

16. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

My buddy at D&L weld and fab is trying to get me to use one of his turbos and let him set it up. I just might I need to get the cooling system back in tack first I havent even driven it yet but its is pretty comfortable for a small car.

17. rebelrat

rebelrat

PM me with a list of parts you need I have a 4 door that I will part out if I get enough interest The front fenders,hood and valance i am keeping but I have bumper and core support, in fact a complete car in good solid condition.
    PS My avatar is a 300e (100e van) that is going to be a race care been building for 2 years and almosed done !.

18. rebelrat

rebelrat

Also we used to put fiat twin cam or ford pinto engine's in them in england and they would run like a scalded cat.

19. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

that is badder then badass.

20. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Well It's alive !!! Spent the afternoon yesterday installing a new fan belt battery and hammering on the tacoed fan blade. after a squirt of carb cleaner and a few coughs later she runs. Still need to get a radiator or fix the old one before I hit the streets. It seems to idle well and clean no smoke.

21. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

A built turbo'd efi 2.3 Pinto 4-banger, set
    at about 400 - 425 hp and a T5 5 speed
    would be killer in that thing.....and still
    streetable too.

Mart3406
    =========================

22. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Fine little car ,I love it for sure,

I would drive it as it sits,

until,

I CAN'T LEAVE ANTHING ALONE.....

Again ,

I love it ...............

Enjoy.

23. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

I know what you mean I seem to have a problem with keeping things stock two.

24. 296moon

296moon
    from england

Ive got a rad and a screen but I`am in England

25. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool, an Anglia was my first car in high school on the 60's. I milled the head, put bigger tires on the back, pulled a hole shot & blew the rear, ha. Guess that's how you learn.

26. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Lucky thats where all the good anglia parts are.

27. Bama Jama

Bama Jama

My first car was a 57 Anglia in 1966. It was very sloooow but would chirp the "tire" in second. Nice Beetle.36 horse air cleaners?

28. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Why yes they are 1955 36hp 28pic oilbaths on 34mm weber ict's workoverver. single port duals. it's my wanna be okrassa setup. btw that 63 vw was my first car bought it in 1986 from original owner.