Register now to get rid of these ads!

New toy or...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by caddyman65, Mar 24, 2006.

1. caddyman65

caddyman65

or I might try to trade it for something else,haven`t decided yet but I just picked it up for a decent price, has a chevy 307 in it,runs & drives.Dont see many 50 Mercs around..at least around here:) [​IMG]

2. caddyman65

caddyman65

3. 1LowSled

1LowSled
    from WV

May I ask how much you get her for? If it were me...I'd keep it, but I'm partial to old Merc's :)

4. sure is a cool look, maybe it will catch on. how much does it cost to get the roof raised like that.

5. caddyman65

caddyman65

Being 6'5" I actually fit in it! But with two other projects in the works I dont know if I`ll keep it,besides, I`m more partial to 60`s cars but it might grow on me

6. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Drive it like it is man.... I saw that Frank had that thing.... Murph PM'ed me about it as well..... Glad someone got it....

7. murph

murph

In keeping with the NCAA theme... He shoots, he SCORES!

Even though you are more into the 60's cars, you could really do that car justice. I get goose bumps just thinking of a real-deal traditional Merc sled prowling the streets of Raleigh. Let's face it... the few Mercs we do have in the area are easily identified by the glow of their Dakota dashes. Fuck that thing could cool with very little effort. Lower it, freshen the mechanicals and drive it now. Then save up for a chop, paint, new chrome, and threads. Of course, it's not like you don't have your hands full with the Rivallac and wagon. :D

-murph

8. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Dude's to tall to chop that thing...

9. caddyman65

caddyman65

Boy today is a funny day..I got a list of people that were interested in it from the seller and, as a back up I thought I would call them and tell them that I had it and that if I decided not to keep it or trade it I would let them know.Well, one of the guys had thought it was a done deal and had allready arranged shipping and was just waiting to get off of work to paypall him the deposit and when he heard it was sold,well, you know how it is..it `s his dream car so...I sold it to him for what I paid. I got nothing but a good feeling that I made someones day..easy come, easy go:)

10. murph

murph

Dammit, don't you know nice guys finish last? That guy was probably preying on your nice-guy-ethics. Already arranged shipping for a car he hadn't bought yet? Man, that's the oldest trick in the book - it's like telling you your shoe is untied and then decking you. :D

I'm just messin' with ya, man. You've definitely got some good karma coming your way for the unselfish act. When is the transporter coming? I'd drive the wheels off it till it's on the trailer. LOL

-murph

11. murph

murph

P.S. If you see it for sale (for twice the price) at the Lowes Motor Speedway swap meet in a few weeks, promise me you'll tell the guy his shoe is untied and...

-murph

12. RenoRat

RenoRat
    from Oxnard,Ca

LOwer it and Drive it..... Period!

13. I would love to park that merc beside my mor-door,,,,HRP