Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to you with 1948 F6 C0E

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Torhino, Sep 22, 2009.

1. Torhino

Torhino

New to your board. I have viewed it plenty of times but didn't feel I had the necessary iron to join until I acquired something a little older. Paid for my '48 today so I joined.

I am a retired Navy Chief Petty Officer that became a Police Officer. Let's get the sailor/cop jokes done early ladies and gents :).

I am going to be a new DARE Officer soon and plan to use my COE or my "Harry Potter Car" next year in my program. That is what the kids call my '58 Rambler. I wanted to have some classic iron instead of some graphic heavy mini van for my DARE ride next year.

I really like the hands on type of people this board attracts. Hope to have some help and advice on my projects.

Attached Files:

2. moparmuscle1981

moparmuscle1981

i always liked to see the dare rides come to our school it was cool im a car freek any ways but the officer that was in the dare program had some cool cars

3. holeshot

holeshot
    BANNED
    from Waxahachie

stick em up copper!!!! a realy big welcome mr. right. you have found a home YES ? ur as welcome here as anybody. well except for don garlits HA! your new friend in texas!YEEEHAAAA. just call me pop.

4. farna

farna

Cool, another Rambler guy! Need any help/advice with that thing just drop me a line, I'm pretty familiar with all the old ones.

5. 440shawn

440shawn

Hey bro love the COE keep us posted with picture of that rig. and Welcome from Illinois

6. five-oh

five-oh
    from Arkansas
    1. HAMB Old Farts' Club

Welcome from another cop. They don't hold it against us too much, just an occasional donut wisecrack.:)

7. 343w

343w

What do you plan to build the COE into? It would make a cool ramp truck for the Rambler! Paint them up with the same color scheem and show them off in the Dare program. Welcome Torhino, thanks for what you do for the kids!

8. Jim Egan

Jim Egan
    from Tahuya, WA

So, the ship rolled and you fell out of your rack in the "Goat Locker"? Kidding, spent more than a couple of years floating around myself; had a great time. I've been messing with cars as a hobby for a long time, I have a couple of projects in the works; one is a 48 Dodge COE that I'm really only getting started on. I spent a lot of time surfing different sites looking for information and variety of interests, I wound up here, I think you'll like it too. Yell if I can help. Jim

9. jfreakofkorn

jfreakofkorn

welcome to the board ....

10. C.G

C.G
    from AL.

Well, since a cop went to bat for me big time this week with an incredibly fast, through, and quickly resolved investigation I won't make and LEO jokes. However, since you asked for a joke and to be picked on:

Did you hear about the retired Chief Petty Officer that got himself a hooker? No? Read on...

He's soon going at it as well as he can for a guy his age, but needing
    some reassurance, asks "How am I doing Darlin?"

The prostitute replies, "Well old sailor, you're doing about three
    knots."

"Three knots?" he asks, "What's that supposed to mean?"
    She replies, "You're knot hard, you're knot in, and you're knot getting
    your money back."

OK, with that said I must also say, thank you sir for your service and continued service. We need more folks like you!

Make sure and join the COE Social Group here on the HAMB. We've got a great bunch of knowledgable friendly folks that are always happy to help. Welcome aboard! I'm looking forward to seeing your COE come to life!

11. kscarguy

kscarguy

Here in KC, they have a DARE corvette painted black and white, like a police car. I always wanted to stage a picture with the vette pulled up behind my flamed model A coupe...and send it home to my parents with this note attached:

"Mom, they finally figured out how to catch me...please send money for bail"

12. Ironhorse74

Ironhorse74

DARE (Donut Abuse Reeducation and Resistance,) to keep cops off donuts.
    Sorry couldn't help myself.

Brad
    Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!