Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to this ,figuring it out slowly

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hudson52sam, Oct 3, 2015.

1. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

Uaslly any time I've ever been stumped on working on something ,all Google searches lead right to here,great info saves allot of time with the helpful posts

Kroombit, kiwijeff and volvobrynk like this.
  2. BrandonB

BrandonB
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from nor cal

Hudsons are cool. I had a chopped & shaved 53 2 door with a 455 Buick/Th400. Was always asked, "Hey what year is your Merc.?" Goes to show you that if Barris had chopped a Hudson instead of the Merc everybody would be after the Hudsons.:eek: Finally got personalized plates that read "8NOMERC"
    The HAMB is loaded with so info. I've seen threads where someone will post a picture of a car and ask about it's history and withing a few minutes they have their answer.

czuch and volvobrynk like this.
  3. triman62

triman62

Nice to see another Hudson, hope you enjoy your car as much as I do mine.

Hudson52sam likes this.
  4. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

Enjoying it so far, it's helped with a few things here and there with the hudsy , that would have taken some time to figure out, right now I'm having a hell of a time tracking down a water pump rebuild kit for the 262 six cylinder, ya at allot of car shows I've had before they look closer, say nice merc , love the history behind the hudson, seems allot of people forgot about it , till the movie cars came out, with doc , get that allot to, kids will say hey dad that's doc from cars, lol

czuch likes this.

5. triman62

triman62

I haven't tried Hudson Parts yet, (still working on body) they have rebuilt water pumps on their website though. 704-792-9110 or at [email protected]. Good luck with your project, keep us posted.

Hudson52sam likes this.
  6. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

Found a the seal I needed out of a Chevy water pump ,crazy, only problem now just got to either buy some gasket material so I can make one, or buy the actual gasket

7. Hud I

Hud I
    from Tennessee

Dale Cooper 513-821-6200. Dale Cooper can take care of all your engine needs.

Hudson52sam likes this.
  8. Hud I

Hud I
    from Tennessee

9. Hud I

Hud I
    from Tennessee

10. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

Called dale cooper , he's got allot of stuff but no water pump rebuild kit for the 262 straight 6 tho, thank you for the contact, greatly appreciated

11. Slopok

Slopok

Funny that you say that cause I always get my Grandfather had a Hudson just like yours but without the fire on it.

Hudson52sam likes this.
  12. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Gasket material is everywhere. On the back of desk calendar blotters is one of my favorites.
    Ball end of a ball-pien hammer and 2 or 3 tries, rock solid.
    I know someone will say it dosent work on everything, so I'll save the effort.
    There are things it wont work on.

hipster and Hudson52sam like this.
  13. L. Eckart

L. Eckart

I met three fellows this summer while on a road trip. They were all in 54 Hudsons, a convertible, hardtop, and sedan and were going home to Ohio from a national Hudson meet in Colorado. They said they belonged to the Hudson Club of America so you might google that and see if it leads you anywhere. All three of these Hudsons were stock so I imagine you can get parts somewhere if you get contact with the right people.

Hudson52sam likes this.
  14. Welcome aboard.
    I've got a stock 28 Super Six project, and a bastardized 29.
    Always good to see more Hudson's here.
    There's a Hudson section on the ACCA website. I'll see if I can throw a link up.

Hudson52sam likes this.
  15. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

Signed up on it

kiwijeff likes this.
  16. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

My father said he even used a cereal box for some gaskets b4

17. Hudson52sam

Hudson52sam

So I made a gasket with the ball hammer , put everything back to gether, start the car and it's dripping every once and awhile out the breather hole below the shaft, read some where that could take up to several hours for the shaft seal to set its self, or a good ride, hoping I don't have to buy a new water pump

czuch likes this.
  18. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Cereal boxes aren't the prime poor man gasket material. Get one without a finished side. Both sides rough.
    Its surprising what will get you home.

Hudson52sam likes this.
  19. I'm guessing the shaft has a groove worn in it and that's the culprit of the leak regardless of new seal.

Hudson52sam likes this.