Register now to get rid of these ads!

new to the hamb

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris P, Nov 27, 2005.

1. Chris P

Chris P
    from Tucson

I'm 14 and I'm big in to cars and anything the has an engine or any moving part for that matter. I am told that I am very knowledgeable. Over the last summer I had a job working at a local hot rod shop my grandfather was the one who first got me interested in cars from the time I was very small. He has since passed away I now take care of all three of his model "A"s and have 2 of my own I am working on. Im very good friends with bolth hotrodron and metalshapes they're actualy the ones who told me about this site. I look forward to being a prat of the site it looks pretty cool.
    -kustommeatl :cool:

21G likes this.
  2. krooser

krooser

Welcome aboard, kid! Keep your eyes open and your trap shut for a couple of months and watch in amazement at all you are gonna learn...it's happened to all of us...old and young.

And post some pics of your projects...we'd love to see'em.

Again...welcome and have fun...

21G likes this.
  3. cfish50chevy

cfish50chevy

Welcome aboard! Take that advice and youll be smooth sailing!

4. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Hmmmm, I don't know about Krooser's "keep your trap shut" part...I have known a few youngsters that were quite knowledgeable in all things "hot rod"...and from the sounds of it, you do know a thing or two about Model A's...and worked in a hot rod shop...that's more than I've ever done...you might have something to say to us.

There is a lot to learn here, Metalshapes can show you a thing or three about metal working...and HotRodRon is quite knowledgeable about all things kustom...you're in good company...

Stick around, ask questions if you like...and welcome.

R-

5. ENFO

ENFO
    from Tucson AZ

Hey, shouldnt you be working on my website?

Glad to se youve joined up. See you soon.
    Shawn

6. Welcome. 5 Model A's??? :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: That's just plain greedy... I think you should give one to me... :D

7. Kustommetal, welcome, and I too am called a new guy, and I am 65 years old and have been around cars all these years and yet I am a new guy by the assorted people gathered here. Never let anybody tell you to keep your trap shut. Ask your questions and I will bet that lots of guys and gals here will answer them and help with anything that you want to know and learn about cars. I promise that I will if I am on the board at the time. Some of my greatest memories and friends are guys that I hung around when I was your age. Many of them were older and they shared their knowledge. Let the nasty remarks and sometimes crude language roll off your back and keep your great thoughts about your grandfather and respect his memory as you are doing.
    Thanks for coming aboard and welcome.

8. Thumper

Thumper

Yeah man......welcome aboard. These guys around here know all kinda of good stuff.

9. HEY Krosser and Cfish50chevy BACK OFF. this kid really does know alot and he comes from good stock by way of his grandfarther and his cousin John Carter. This kid soaks up anything he can learn including leading and english wheel work. I got to see his 30 2 door sedan project with banger in it. This car is going to blow people away when they find out that he built it with the guide of his cousin. Kustom Metal glad you are here, I really had a great time driving around with you in the coupe and will go to Metalshapes house real soon. Remember that this form is for you to ask questions and make comments that's why I told you about this place. Enjoy and welcome.

10. TRUCKRODDER

TRUCKRODDER

Welcome! Sounds like you have a passion for old cars and a good head on your shoulders. No questions are dumb ,always ask! I too got my car addiction from my grandfather ,treasure the memories and the knowledge he passed on to you. I lost my grandfather a year and a half ago , alot of things I should have written down, stories etc.....:) Good luck and welcome again.

11. Good to see you here! Hope you had some fun at our open house party and got to practice your skills a bit. You took to TIG welding better than guys that had been doing it for years. Even showed up some of the guys that said they could weld with TIG.

Heard you were the one who draged your Uncle John to the openhouse just to see Ron Sr lead that door. Way cool!

12. The37Kid

The37Kid

Welcome to the HAMB! Good to have you here. I'll be 55 next month but can remember the first car shows my Dad took me to in the late 1950's. I had guys in the hobby take me under their wings and teach me auto body work and restoration skills. Having access to an English wheel and TIG, you are one lucky kid! Ask all the questions you want!:D

13. GRSMNKYCUSTOMS

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS
    from TUCSON

welcome kustommetal!

hey Ron is this the kid i bought my model A frame from at the swap meat?!

if so he is a hard ballin mofo!.....glad to have em!

Attached Files:

14. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like you'll fit in here just fine. Welcome.

Frank

15. graverobber63

graverobber63
    Alliance Vendor

GRSMNKYCUSTOMS give the kid a chance man! hitting on him already [​IMG]

16. 29 sedanman

29 sedanman
    from Indy

Welcome aboard,

Are any of these Model As stockers? If so can you get me a hiegth measurement. Just the tallest spot on the roof from the ground up on a stocker is what I am looking for. Coupe or sedan it doesn't matter.

Thanks,

Tracy

17. Terry

Terry

Glad to have you here. Always good to see some young blood injected into the scene!

18. metalshapes

metalshapes
    Tech Editor

Yeah, that was really cool.
    Was that your first time welding with a Tig Chris?
    Those were some nice, even beads...

19. Chris P

Chris P
    from Tucson

Hey thanks for the compliment on my tig welding and yes thats the first time i had ever picked up a tig tourch. Thanks again. -kustommetal

20. ratstar

ratstar

Welcome aboard. I wish i could tig period. Not even good. Just wish I could do it. And I wish that someone had gotten me into rods earlier in life like you. Thats awesome.

21. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Cool to have you here. I started doing this when I was about your age. I will be 30 in february and you will find I still don't know crap.:D
    But seriously. Some of these fellas get a little bent outta shape from time to time. Don't sweat it. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question(unless I ask it) and some of these guys think they are Yoda. Listen to all of them, and use the advice to make a sound decision. If you've got a foot in the door, someone is bound to try to slam the darn thing in there.

22. Spook

Spook

It makes me feel very good to hear of someone your age getting into this great hobby. I know that the hobby will still be going on when us old codgers are dead and gone. Learn all you can while you are young it is easier and it will stay with you the rest of your life. I tried the TIG thing a couple of years ago and I could have run a better bead with a 12 volt battery and jumper cables.

23. Carshowlvr

Carshowlvr
    from Florida

Krooser, paint job for $29.95? Is your real name Earl Shibe? lol

24. dragrcr50

dragrcr50

Hey i ran into toad 32 here the other day and found out he worked as a (he calls it car dismantler for me when i had a street rod shop years ago 85' I think his mom brought him in and he wanted to work around cars so bad he offered to do it for free. well I paid him and mom brought him every day and he made a great helper and learned alot, now he is big time graphic guy for house of colors and a tv station , always could draw and design cars like no other. but he says he remembers those days in the shop with all the guys who worked there building rods, you never forget that stuff and he stayed true to it and now makes a good living in the hot rod field.... welcome, and learn from all these guys and give back some day to preserve what we all love HOT RODS........... :cool:

25. Weloce aboard my fellow FNG :D

-Nate

26. Whoa, I don't know how I did that...
    Welcome aboard, Welcmoe :p

27. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

"Keep your trap shut". Who died and made them Ryan?
    Share your knowledge and soak up any new stuff you can. It always makes my heart sing when I learn of a 'kid' that's into hot rods instead of 'not rods'.
    you'll do just fine.