Register now to get rid of these ads!

new to the hamb

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by kordd, Feb 22, 2007.

1. kordd

kordd

Hey fellas my name is kordd…I am new, and I am only 20..so I will just keep the flame suite on LOL for my sake…I have a pretty thick skin…so let me have it if I say something you don’t like LOL

I have always wanted to get in to hot rods but I could never scrape up the money to buy a decent starter car…I am a very mechanically inclined person (thank god) and I will be finely purchasing my car…not too sure what I want tho….i was hoping that maybe you guys could help me with the very hard decision….i want a car from the 50s but I don’t know what is a good starter car from the 50s (as far as able to get parts for it ect) and is cheap ( I don’t have a lot of money)

I see cars like the dodge coronet go for pretty cheap like 4000… for a clean one with original miles..is this just because they’re undesirable? I kind of like how they look..

Well any help is greatly appreciated BTW “muffler bearing” sent me (unless you guys hate him) LOL

kordd

2. ARCHANGEL

ARCHANGEL

Welcome To The Hamb Kordd,

Don't Worry I'm Sure Someone Here Can Tell You What Car They Like .... But The Ultimate Decision Is Yours And Only Yours....and Nobody Hates Anybody Here On The Hamb....unless You Become A Pain In The Neck Then They Will Let You Know.....:d

Rafa.

3. kordd

kordd

yeah i hear ya there...i just want to know that i am getting a good deal on the car that i do get so i will be asking opinions :D

kordd

4. kropduster

kropduster

welcome-

as far as a car, its totally up to you, like archangel said. get something YOU like. the only down fall i could see with a chrysler product is the fact that there arent near as many available parts, at least in the aftermarket world. the late 50s chry cars are good looking, and some are Hemi equipped:D

-rp

5. kordd

kordd

thanks for the input

i would love to get ahold of a hemi but i have a feeling i will end up with a 6er...but that is fine i just want a running driving project

the only aftermaket parts i want are air bags or drop spindles ect...i want my sled slammed
    but other than that pretty much stock