Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the HAMB, not a newb......

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Trimmer Len, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Well, she is officially road worthy! Got it tagged, tested, and went to it's first cruise night. Unfortunately, in all the excitement, I failed to get pics from the cruise. I do have some taken at the shop. Sorry for the couple shaky ones...

Attached Files:

2. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Congratulations Len!
    You have made that 'bug' look a lot different than it once did.
    That's a fine looking hotrod that anyone should be proud of (unless it's the whiny-ass-ed 'traditional police' snobs here that are MUCH worse than most groups I've seen).
    I have enjoyed your build and I am glad your health didn't stop it (or you).
    3 questions:
    1. Any changes planned already?
    2. Going to repost the build on the regular part of the forum for comments from the masses?
    3. What's next?
    Cheers,
    Joe

3. No major changes planned, but a couple refinements are planned. The bed needs some more bracing, I need to shorten the steering arm on the axle to speed up the steering. I still want to get some spiders and rings. I'm sure other stuff will need some attention.

I do plan to post some finish pics of it in the main forum, but not a complete build thread, unless a lot of people want it. I want to find a good place to stage the pics, though. There is a nice park near the shop I might take it to. Or to a nearby small town main street not far from hear. Some of the buildings are really old, and would make a great backdrop.

No new projects in the works.......yet.:D

4. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Sounds good.
    Refinements are expected on most builds.

One day I hope to be at the same stage. More time on the English wheel though.

Stay healthy!

5. wsdad

wsdad

Thanks for the inspiration. I'm glad you posted. That is a super-nice car. The curve of the cowl and the windshield flows well with the radiator. The bed looks like it belongs there (doesn't look like an afterthought or an add-on). I think you got all the proportions and stance spot-on perfect. If anyone scoffs at this car it will be due to envy. Some people destroy what they can't achieve to look superior. I wish I could see it in person.

6. toddc

toddc

7. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe