Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the HAMB, insufficient posts to reply to users, but need parts!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by NbdyHome2, Feb 26, 2019.

1. NbdyHome2

NbdyHome2

Greetings All:

I was looking for a few parts for a project. I've been looking and reading on these threads for a long time now and I came across a mor-drop axle being sold by KillBill. The post told me that I have insufficient posts/privileges to reply directly to KillBill, so here I am. I'm interested and promise I'm not a scammer or a robot. I'm a Deep Sea Diver in the US Coast Guard, currently stationed in Panama City Beach, FL at the Naval Diving and Salvage Training Center. I'm a dive instructor during the day and on the nights and weekends, I'm trying to get this project started.

I'm also in the market for a 28-31 unmolested Model A frame/rolling chassis if anybody has something out back in the weeds that they're looking to get rid of. Obviously, the less rust, the better, but I'm open and willing to do some work. If it happens to have a rear diff and a front end attached, all the better because I need all that too.

Just trying to get my project started and I've already learned a LOT from this site. I can't wait to put it to the metal. I picked up a 46-48 Flathead (piece number 1) and I wanna start from the ground up.

Thanks to all in advance and looking forward to hearing from some of you.

2. You need to send the person a PM (private message) aka "conversation". No one can directly post on an ad except the original poster.

lothianwilly71 likes this.
  3. NbdyHome2

NbdyHome2

Thanks man. I figured it out after reading more. Total rookie move.

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

4. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

Be very careful of scammers if you post what you want or are looking for in the wanted section.

DO your history

DO your history of who you are dealing with.

HAMB Members name and how many posts does he have ?

IF the person just signed up - WARNING SIGN

Only wants to deal by Email and not by HAMB Private Message - WARNING SIGN

DO NOT deal with Money Orders, Money Grams or Walmart Transfers etc - WARNING SIGN

Dormant Paypal account excuse - WARNING SIGN

No posts - BUT a friend that is a HAMB member said you were looking for parts- WARNING SIGN.

If it is too good to be true - it IS !

You are at your own risk of any deal you do- so be careful.

Welcome -

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. NbdyHome2

NbdyHome2

Thanks for the tips. Seems like a lot of scammers these days. Sucks that they're on here too.

Sent from my SM-G900V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

6. ................Sadly, they are everywhere.

lothianwilly71 and Thor1 like this.