Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the Hamb, and restorations

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by justheman, Feb 21, 2008.

1. justheman

justheman

I have been in the automotive field for a few years now, I have always been intersted in older cars being that both my grandfather and dad worked on them and restored them, so I finally decided to try it out myself and im having lots o' fun, and of course stumbled across this place looking for some info. my first project is my grandpas 29 ford roadster pickup, some other gentelman had started it and didnt get to far now im working on it and going over his mistakes... well I will soon be posting quite a bit trying to get help and such.

-Justin

2. welcome justin , why not post some pics ?

3. justheman

justheman

here they are just a few of the cab, the frame and bed are at my dads house he is doing the chassi suspension and engine work.... ill try and grab some this weekend its a project that spans 3 generations

Attached Files:

4. 29Jay

29Jay
    from Ft Worth

Justin,
    Welcome from Texas!
    looks like a great project! You will love this place. there is a ton of Model A guys on here.
    Jay

5. justheman

justheman

That is good cause i am going to need alot o help... this being the first car I have ever restored and the first time I have ever seen this car dissasembled...

6. 48reo

48reo

welcome! im new to doing anything other than keeping the real cars on the road, so I guess we both came to the right forum

7. ski

ski
    from San Diego

Great lookin project Justin. It's even better that it was your gramp's.

ski

8. justheman

justheman

its still his im doing this for him, then im going to get my own project car afterwards