Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the H.A.M.B.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by 54Buddah, Aug 25, 2010.

1. 54Buddah

54Buddah

My friends call me Porqchop and I live in San Diego, CA.
    I love all types of traditional and period correct hot rods and customs. I think it's really cool when owners pay attention to detail. I'm glad to hear in the sticky that people are here to share their knowledge and also learn.

Most of my friends who are not into cars think I know everything. Far from the truth! It really is true that the more you learn the less you know. I'm fortunate to have a best friend (more like brother) and his father, "Uncle Scooter" who have a lot more knowlege than me and help out all the time. We have a saying, "Teach me, don't criticize me" and we truely believe in "To each his own" because we can appreciate and respect other's dedication, workmanship and pride in their rides.

I fell in love with a 1941 Chevy 1/2 ton truck when I was about 8 years old and always wanted a classic car growing up. That deco chrome grill just hooked me. Chrome is what I remember and chrome is what I love to see on rides, pitted or wet! The older I got the more I got into customs so my '54 will be a period correct mild custom as soon as I get everything together. I'll also will pick up that '41 someday.

Why '54 Buddah? Look at the grills of '53/'54 Buicks then look at the Buddhist smiling Buddah. Big boy grinning.....

Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  2. 60chev

60chev
    from Australia

welcome bro hope all is good

3. quandel_garage

quandel_garage

Welcome to the H.A.M.B enjoy the knowledge

4. 117harv

117harv

Nice intro Porqchop, welcome to the HAMB.

5. kdrodworks316

kdrodworks316
    from idaho

Welcome from idaho!

6. Welcome from Arkansas...