Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the H A M B .

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThingyM, Sep 18, 2006.

1. ThingyM

ThingyM

Ok' Here we go. I am new on THIS Board. But have been around the cape a few times in my 71 yrs. I am in the process of building a HAMBster. Plus I also have a 48Fiat altered. Started drag racing in 1954 at Santa Ana CA. driving a Cad powered 39 Ford coupe. I also have a 47Ply. coupe to start on soon...I also found a couple of people on another board that have HAMBsters.So I should be able to get some info from them. Thanks for having me here.."Dick"

2. 30roadster

30roadster

If you can figure how to post pictures We would love to see some of your cars and your Hambster progress! - Welcome to the HAMB!

3. Welcome. Finally someone who can show these young punks how it's done!!:rolleyes:

Good folks here save for a few chuckleheads so don't let them bug ya. Lots to learn and I'm sure you have lots to share, so let 'er rip!

4. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Welcome!
    Yes show us some of your stuff!
    If you know of other people on other boards with hamsters you may have been visiting a butt lovin' board. Be careful out there.

5. WELCOME MR. MOSELY!!!

guys, dick is one of the nicest, most knowledgeable, awesome human beings on the planet and i am priveledged to call him my friend.

the 'class' meter just went up a notch.

6. long island vic

long island vic

Welcome, I Have A 39 Topo....lets See Some Pics

7. mudflap261

mudflap261
    from tulsa

THE HORNETS welcome you and their are 13 of us ages 62 to 71

8. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

glad to have you here!

i'm sure we can use your knowledge and help

9. Jeff Norwell

Jeff Norwell
    Staff Member

10. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

Welcome we would all like to see some of your cars and projects.

11. cruzr

cruzr

Dick, welcome , i used to hang around Santa Ana in the late 50's, i am in so. orange county,grew up in Anaheim, we may have some common friends

12. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

If you can email those pics to me I will host 'em and post 'em.

[email protected]

Welcome.

13. Mule Farmer

Mule Farmer
    from Holland MI

P.S. we love pics old race cars.

14. Brad B

Brad B
    from Nor Cal

Dick welcome to the board and hope to see your stuff. Help us young folk learn a thing or two.

15. I like the normal aka old drag cars too! Welcome aboard:D Gary 4T950 Chevy Guy

16. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Hey Dick go to the AHRF.com and click Henry's news and see if you recognize the McCaffrey/Sharpe 3W coupe he was dragging about the same time. Welcome my friend.

17. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The name Dick Mosely sounds fimilar, someone please fill me in.

Welcome to the HAMB. Glad to have you here. Please take Rashy up on his offer to post some phtos for you. We're a visual bunch around here.

Again, welcome to the HAMB.:cool:

18. here's a couple of pics of dick's fiat.
    i'll let him fill you in on the details, but suffice it to say he 'had a hand' in the construction...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. ThingyM

ThingyM

Thanks for posting the pic. Cars I know, Puters I don't.
    Yea thats my heap. I built it in 99 to go have some fun in the nostalgia race scene. Well in 2001 we won the championship in our class at the Good Guys races with it running a 357" Cleveland Ford motor. In fact the whole running gear is Ford. C4 trans, 9" Ford rear with a spool and 4.33 gears, 31x14" slicks.The car was capable of running in the high 8s with this set up. The new 354" motor(full roller) I feel we should get it in the high 7s or low 8s. I built the car from scratch, everything except the engine and trans. Thanks for the intrest in my heap. When I get a little bit farther on my HAMBster I'll take some shots and have Mitch send them off for me. Thank again..

20. old beet

old beet

Welcome Dick, I'm only 65, but love hearin from the old guys! LOL.....OLDBEET

21. Anybody that can run that fast with a Ford motor, my hat's off! Just kidding, everybody knows Ford is faster and cheaper and more reliable than a Chevy any day, the last 50 years have proven that! All in good fun, welcome aboard!

22. Welcome Dick!

How did you find out about the HAMB?

23. ThingyM

ThingyM

Old Beet,, My daughter and son in law just moved up to WA. they have a place where the Columbia hits the Pacific. Can't remember the name of the place. C.R.S.. Thanks for the welcomes...

24. Welcome! There are some altereds (and rails) with some pretty tough Clevelands round these parts too.

25. Awesome cars....Welcome, welcome!...nice to see some "New" ole schoolers here to educate....

26. Welcome aboard, Dick. It's a privilege.

27. Dick, welcome to the board, we can never have enough real deal Ole' Skool knowledge about Hot-Rodding. Anyone still pulling the trigger on a !/4 mile bullit, like that, deserves respect. Teach them "Youngin's" how it's done before you hand them the torch.
    I love the Fiat....but ...anyone got a picture of what these things looked like unchopped??
    ?:confused: :cool:
    JT

28. ANewBeat

ANewBeat
    from Floriduh

"Unchopped"
    [​IMG]
    By the way Dick, welcome to the board. Be careful, it's addicting.

29. sufoowt

sufoowt

Welcome to the board. Lots of great information on here I'm sure you will be able to add to it.
    Fred

30. garysgun

garysgun

Wecome aboard the H.A.M.B. I am sure you will enjoy alot of the postings and tech articles. I like the pics of your Fiat too and be sure to add some if you have more. Also do not be shy to share your knowlege with the rest of us as we all appreciate it. I am sure you can show and tell us a thing or two.
    Take care Gary M.