Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the game but excited to start!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Kevin B, Jul 24, 2018.

1. Kevin B

Kevin B

So since a kid I've always liked the hotrod culture. Iola Car Show in my neck of the woods is a must go for our family every year. I'm a welder by trade with a degree in welding and machining. I have always been really heavy in the short track racing game but with my new family we are switching gears and getting hotrod crazy. Last year we bought a 1958 Shasta camper and shortly after I bought a 1953 Chevy 210 4 door to pull the camper with. The car has had some chassis work done to it and had air bags installed before I bought it. Needless to say it will have to be gone through because some of the work is scary. Here are some pictures of our classics and I can't wait to get a start on it! camping.jpg 20170820_104148.jpg 20180604_184605.jpg 20180604_184631.jpg

2. 31hotrodguy

31hotrodguy

3. Nice ride! Welcome to the club! Love the look on the car. I have a 54 4 door that I wasn't sure if I should lower but now i think i should! I want to chop it but not lower it and my husband gives me crap about it lol My husband has a lot of parts for a 53 and 54. If your looking for parts he just might have them. He has a 53 4 door handyman wagon but i dont think hes going to get around to finishing. Over the years he's collected rare parts like the visor, roof rack, bumper guards, and front bumper wrap arounds. Maybe we can help you out Best of luck!

4. Since i brought it up, what do you guys think. If your chop a roof on a 54 4door, do you have to lower it? My reason for not wanting to lower it is mainly because if i have to haul ass out of a situation, i dont want do drive slow over speed bumps. And yes my husband brought up how we can bag it but i been in car where just getting a car up off the ground took a while for the air to fill up the bags. I need to get up and go when shit gets real lol.

Attached Files:

5. Kevin B

Kevin B

Thanks for the input. This car had bags put in it and the way it sits in the pictures is with no air. I'm not satisfied with it yet. I want it low on the ground when its parked. The thing with the bag system (if I'm wrong plz say so anyone!) is if you had two aux tanks in the back that held air you wouldn't have to wait on the air compressor to pump up the bags. You would have the air on reserve. As to chopping it on mine I decided not to (for now...) Right now I like how the proportions look on the car. I may change my mind. One thing I have always lived by though do what makes you happy at then end of the day. Your car your rules. I will be in contact about parts btw. Where are you guys from?