Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the Forum

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Widowmaker XXX, Feb 15, 2019.

1. Widowmaker XXX

Widowmaker XXX

I'm a glutton for punishment. In 1972 I purchased a T-bucket basket case from some guys that were planning on building a dragster and gave up on it. With a buddy's help, we managed to get it titled and registered in 1973. After a few years of making changes and improvements to steering, suspension, and an engine swap, I decided to sell it to my buddy in 1977. Fast forward: my old friend passed away in 2007, leaving the fate of the roadster to his adult daughters in his estate. They passed it off to his best friend, who kept it in his garage for nearly 10 years. I was able to finally see it again in July 2017, and it was a bit of a heartbreaker. Everything steel was rusty, even the chrome. The interior was gone, the body was removed, all the wiring was severed in order to remove the body. After downing a few beers, he turns to me and says "You built this car. You're probably the only guy on earth that can reassemble it". So he turns the car over to me. That was nearly two years ago. Now it's a basket case again as I tear it down to a bare chassis and prepare everything for powder coating. I'm looking forward to a second 'maiden voyage' in another year or two.

2. welcome to the forum ....

3. Matchless

Matchless

Kinda bitter-sweet huh....at least as you work on it you're have good memories of your pal. Welcome from Vineland.