Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the forum, but not the life.........

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by DC43, Sep 21, 2014.

1. DC43

DC43

Mornin' y'all.
    My Wife (Wendy, AKA Palerider) and I (Randy, AKA Lucky Bastard) just found a 1934 Plymouth 2 door sedan, rolling chassis, suicide front axle, it purportedly has a Lincoln Versailles rear in it (I have not really looked at it that closely yet, nor researched just how to positively identify it) it is already chopped and the roof filled, so it is the basis for Our new project.
    Ok, background on me-
    I have been a Fabricator/ Welder most of my life, a stone gearhead for longer than that, and when I lived back east, I had my own fab shop doing small lot manufacturing, race cars, hot rods and motorcycles, so I am no stranger to scratch building.
    That being said, I know that our hobby/ lifestyle constantly evolves, so making myself aware of the latest and newest methodology is not only a wise choice, but a safer one too. I have no problems learning from the mistakes/ trials/ tribulations of others, nor them learning from mine.
    We are ALWAYS looking for solid advice, and new and better methods for accomplishing Our goals with Our Hot Rod, so We will be asking a bunch of questions as We go.
    Our starting point will be to iron out the details and re-construct the suicide front axle, probably to a 4 bar/ panhard bar/ transverse spring setup, with disc brakes, as this car will be a DRIVER, as in hop in, and drive cross country if We so choose.
    I have been told that this forum is one of the very best sources for information, support, and advice on the hobby, and from what I have read thus far, I feel that this is thoroughly true, so We will be perusing the posts as We start this new build, and throughout it's construction.
    We will take lots of pics as we go, and will make an effort to post everything We do, step by step.
    I have searched for this particular car for over 20 years, and they have all been bought out from under me, or were just not the right car. When I was but a wet nosed kid, I remember the Hot Wheels car, Dexter's Demon, and from that day forward, I have ALWAYS wanted to build a bada$$ chopped sedan. I just don't think there is anything out there that just looks the part of a bitchin' hot rod, any better than that. Don't get me wrong, coupes, roadsters gassers, etc., are all pretty sweet, and I draw plenty of ideas and inspiration from ALL hot rods, but for me, it'll ALWAYS be the chopped sedan......................
    Just as an aside-
    This car was bought at My Wife's suggestion, as a Wedding Anniversary gift to both of Us.
    And now y'all know why I capitalize "We"............
    AND why I married Her in the first place!

2. Great intro! Having the support of your wife just can't be beat. Don't suppose I have to
    tell you that you are one lucky man. (Also check out the early Mopar sub-forums..)