Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to the forum, 1933 Chevy truck

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by R33CHEBY, Feb 16, 2010.

1. R33CHEBY

R33CHEBY

New to the HAMB forum. I am building a 1933 Chevy truck. Parts and info. for this thing are almost non-existant. Lucky this one is 95% compleat. I inherited it from Paul Tucker (RIP) formerly of the Nor Cal Early Iron car club. It was bone stock when I got it. So far I've chopped the top 5", channeled 5", 3.5" dropped front beam with disc brakes, 4-linked 12-bolt pisi rear end w/ 4.11's, 383 stroker 'blacked out' wwith offy dual quad intake, and a TH350. Building it in my garage with all the funds I can scrape up that don't go to baby dipers. If anybody has a '33 or '32 chevy truck, I could use soem info on the frame build up.

2. farmer12

farmer12

Welcome from the Netherlands!

3. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Welcome from Ohio. Sounds like a cool truck post some pics.

4. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

I have a '32 Chev 5 window coupe. I believe the frame is very similar to your truck frame. What do you need to know? I might be able to help.

5. william.ali.kay

william.ali.kay
    from Milwaukee

Welcome from Milwaukee Wisconsin.

6. R33CHEBY

R33CHEBY

wingman9: Yes the 32 is real similar to the 33 truck. I have researched the early chevs, and got some general info. I also have a blue hard-cover book (like a Hanes manual) from 1936, that tells alot obout how they are put together and maintance. I am working on the body right now, but I need to modify the frame to work with my driver train. I'm going to be runnning a 383ci stroker (400+hp) with th350 to a 4 linked narrowed 12-bolt rear end w/ coilovers. I was going to chop the rear frame off just behind the cab, and build a tube steel back end. I was also going to box the frame, and add cross suport under the cab. I channeled the body 5" over the frame, so I need to drill/cut out the radiator suport and lower the radiator 5" as well to keep the hood even. I was going to eleminate the 1" tube, radiator suport/ fender suport so I only have to bring the cross suport down 4". I need to cut it in half lenght-ways to clear the I-beam. I was planing on running a racing style engine mount that doulels as a cross brace. I also was going to fab up a custom front splitter bar for more rigidity. I have only seen one chevy these years that has been modified, and my camera craped out so i couldn't take any pictures of how he had his done. I'm trying to see if anybody has done engine conversions, and/or frame mods to the early chevys. Thanks

7. wingman9

wingman9
    from left coast

R33CHEBY: Boxing on these frames is definitely a necessity, but after that they are really stout. Progressive Automotive http://www.progressiveautomotive.com/ makes a really neat crossmember that's in kit form. I've included some pics.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 18, 2010
  8. Stevie Nash

Stevie Nash

Welcome to the HAMB! Sounds like a great project. How about some build pics?

9. R33CHEBY

R33CHEBY

Those are awesome pics. I'll check out the pre-fab cross member set up. I was going to fab my own, but that might be an easier route. I'll try to post some pics. The ones I have are too big to post. I have to ruduce them first. Damn Technoligy!

10. nailhead terry

nailhead terry

Man thats a cool truck I have a 33 3 window chevy coupe its a mercury series no parts for it but some ford, some I built I hope to drive mine this summer!! Welcome

11. R33CHEBY

R33CHEBY

Well,, here are a few pics from a few months ago. Not alot of time to build due to my 9-month boy in the house. I guess he is more important than my build. I told my wife, "kids come and go, but this rod is a once in a life time build!"

Attached Files:

12. rustyhood

rustyhood

Looks perty schweet! Welcome from Louisville Kentucky,

13. Roger O'Dell

Roger O'Dell

welcome nice truck, where is Plumas Lake. Roger

14. R33CHEBY

R33CHEBY

It's 30 miles north of Sacramento, just south of Marysville. Yeah, and there is no lake here, WTF? I guess there has been a lake there twice, both times when the levee broke! I have invested in water wings.

15. chilly1

chilly1
    from Tacoma,Wa

Welcome from Washington That truck has a wicked look from the front

16. rayford

rayford
    from calhoun ga

welcome from Ga

17. Welcome from Southern California. I used to have a '34 truck. '33's are cooler!

18. outlaw1949

outlaw1949

Welcome from Kentucky.

19. roughidle

roughidle
    BANNED
    from iowa

Welcome to the Hamb

20. rockguy92

rockguy92

Glad you are here
    Welcome from OHIO