Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to Hot Rods in Denver Area

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ownerizer, Aug 4, 2012.

1. ownerizer

ownerizer
    from Parker, Co

So I just recently bought a 1953 Cadillac Series 62 from Lakewood. I'm generally new to carbureted motors, having mostly early watercooled VWs in the past including Rabbits, Sciroccos and just recently parted my Corrado. All original except for a couple parts I had to replace. The car is currently missing the driver's side mirror and a trim ring around the rear passenger window crank handle.

The 331 Cadillac turned over, so a friend of mine walked me through rebuilding the carburetor and it idles just fine. I just rebuilt all four wheel cylinders and the master cylinder and I'm in the process of clearing the brake lines. Hopefully, it should be on the road in a few weeks.

I'm also currently adapting a GM One Wire to the car, but I was looking for a wiring diagram so I can wire up the dummy light. Does anyone know where I can find one, other than dropping the cash for the factory repair manual?

Other than finishing adapting the alternator, the engine idles just fine (I think the stuck lifter finally worked itself out) and transmission works. The car had no brakes at all, so hopefully after rebuilding the cylinders, we shouldn't have a problem. I've already removed the generator and external voltage regulator, but there are significantly more wires than I need, so I just need to isolate the dummy signal from the generator to get the light on the dash to go out. If anyone has a wiring diagram or method to isolate that wire, any help would be appreciated.

Now on to the good stuff:

How I found her:
    [​IMG]

How she sit currently, except in the air on stands:
    [​IMG]

The car she replaced:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

The ultimate goal:
    [​IMG]

2. mailerguy1

mailerguy1

....Praise the Lord we have converted another.... lol welcome, I love the old caddys good luck on the build

3. ownerizer

ownerizer
    from Parker, Co

I grew up as a MOPAR guy, so to speak, I have a 66 Coronet for a long while,mwith my dad and uncle having a plethora or Challengers, Cudas and various other muscle cars.

My wife told me t get rid of the Corrado because we have a daughter now and I wasn't interested in going fast anymore. True. So I found the Caddy and dug right in!

4. nwbhotrod

nwbhotrod
    from wash state

One big differenc in the two cars yours has to many DOORS

5. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

Welcome from the west coast. Nice new ride.

6. Congratulations on your new car. I hope you make it just like you want it.

7. ownerizer

ownerizer
    from Parker, Co

I think that was my big problem I had with the Corrado. With the car being fairly rare (only 18,000 made in 5 years), parts were stupid expensive, and Europe got the best of them all. I think that was the major reason I was really afraid to tear into the car. The Cadillac, I don't have that problem. I don't feel like I have to pussy-foot around everything in fear of breaking and having to replace something else completely unrelated.

True, but with a kid, it's easier. Besides, with the car 99% complete, and the very little rust on the Cadillac, the price was right.

8. buckhog

buckhog

Welcome from PA. Sweet Caddy! Good luck with it.

9. Welcome to the H.A.M.B

10. FANTM58

FANTM58

Cool filnd , and nice to have youn here !!
    hope to see you around the shows and cruises, there are pleanty of them !!
    Look into the COLO Hammers social group.!!

11. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Welcome from Ft Collins... Nice looking Caddy

12. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Welcome cool caddy!

13. Welcome from Durango.

14. raymay

raymay

Welcome from New York.