Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to HAMB...sort of.

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Byron, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Byron

Byron

Hello: A friend on the HAMB said I need to introduce myself.
    I have been reading the HAMB for a while. My brother Scott with the 53 Kaiser "Tiki Car" in PA has been a member for a while and a regular at the Jalopy Jamboree. A Motorcycle/hot rod friend "Dave" in CA has been telling me to join and I know Nads from Orlando.
    I have grown up in a Hot Rod family. My dad has been a hot rodder since a kid and still is in the old car business. I remember growing up in the 35 Ford PU he built at age 20 in 1964 and he ran it unchanged until he sold it this year. I am a motorsports Artist and Photographer. I make my living doing art for vehicle manufacturers and teams and designing a few custom vehicles. I shoot races and events for the press and magazines like "Rolls & Pleats". The new issue of "Excellence" magazine features a Porsche 356 Panel Truck I designed a few years ago. When not drawing I work on car and motorcycle projects for myself. I learned that I liked making custom metal parts after building some for myself and friends project cars. I am working to better learn metal shaping and the english wheel. I now have a P38 Belly Tank project and a 59 Parilla Phantom motorcycle. I am into 50s era sports cars as well as Period Correct Hot Rods and motorcycles, so I like vehicles that go fast, turn and stop well.
    I dont know it all and dont pretend to. If I can help with info I will offer it but in most cases I will probably be the one asking for help.
    Thats it.
    Byron Kauffman
    Daytona Beach

2. That would be me then!!

Welcome Byron, post a picture of your Dad's truck, then & now as it were :D

Dave

3. rustyparts

rustyparts
    from Clinton,Mt