Register now to get rid of these ads!

New to H.A.M.B

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ZackEllis, Jun 4, 2016.

1. ZackEllis

ZackEllis

image.jpeg image.jpeg Hello all. I'm 22 years old from Maryland.

Back story
    I bought a 66 f100 about 3 years ago. This truck started off as a running farm truck from jersey with about 60k original miles on a 300ci il6 and 3 speed on the tree (Pervious owner swapped it to too the floor.) had a major electrical problem... No lights on the rear or the turn signal turned on the brake light and just other crazy stuff. I trouble shot it for a little but decided to just do a full re wire to save me time and anger in the long run.

Progress
    I ended up patching some rust, showered the rear and front (shackles and I beam drop.) now I have the front clip off, motor out to be painted, and I'm doing a custom 4 link rear and custom front suspension. But something I wanted to point out is that I took my front springs out and just let the Frame set all the way down and the tires are sitting perfectly straight up... No camber problems at all. I don't know if ya because I already have drop beams or what...

Plans
    I'm keeping the original paint(red), original interior, stock rims(white now), original motor, original Trans, custom air ride suspension and an American Auto Wire wiring kit.

Advice??
    And advise for a first timer?
    And I want drop spindles... If that a thing or what?
    I have fab experience through the military but I'm not trying to go crazy with the fab.. I just want the truck to look original and low. Not trying to go fast. Haha

I'll post pics when I get time and after I figure it out!

2. wicarnut

wicarnut
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

3. 49svt

49svt

Welcome. The one piece of advice I can offer is to not strip it all apart while you are buying your parts. A lot of guys will tear a project apart and then start buying parts. Then life happens and they move on. The project goes dead. Especially for your 1st project I would recommend that you get it back together so you can drive it. Gather up a bunch of parts and then spend a weekend or whatever putting those parts to use. I found this out the hard way. Hot rodding in any form cost money and usually a lot more than you plan. Being able to drive your project keeps the fire burning. You'll get it to where you want twice as fast by doing it this way. Enjoy your truck. It's pretty sweet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using H.A.M.B. mobile app

WILD_PHIL likes this.
  4. 49svt

49svt

5. 49svt

49svt

That was supposed to say THANK YOU for your service.

6. ZackEllis

ZackEllis

Haha thank you, Sir.

That's good advise. The truck ran when I bought it but I decided to tear it apart right away... I wish I had waited. But all I have left to do it a little bit of body work, finish up my suspension, but a wiring harness and a new radiation support then I'll be good to go.