Register now to get rid of these ads!

new to board from Virginia

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by ijuslikefords, Jan 5, 2011.

1. ijuslikefords

ijuslikefords

Hey ya'll. Since it seems the come correct method for signing up here is to do a intro thead, so heres mine. My name is Ray, and I'm a caraholic. I've been around hot rods my whole life, third gen car guy. My dad is a body man and painter, and I've been going to Rod runs and car shows with him and my Uncle John, Grandpap, and stepdad since I can remember. I've loved primered coupes and race cars since the early 80's. I got 17 years active in the Navy and been running sportbikes and motorcycles my whole adult life and been draggin around a 1970 Mustang fastback for the last 13 of those. It's currently undergoing major surgery at my dads house in Florida. I've also got a 2007 Harley Fatboy and a 2004 Honda CBR1000RR. But to get on topic for the HAMB, I also just picked up a 1930 model A coupe with a SBC and wide whites and chrome reverses thats very 50'Sish, which is exactly what I wanted. I'm totally stoked about car, even if it looks like a 12 year old put it together. Yeah, I know it's bought not built, but I don't know anything about how these things are put together, and it would have taken me years to gather the pieces to get one on the road. Anyway, I have to redo the rear suspension and trunk before I can comfortably start driving this thing, so I'm gonna be looking at how to best do that here in the near future. Thanks for having me here, and I hope I can positively contribute soemthing here as well as learn much more about this thing called HOTRODDING.

Ray

2. edcodesign

edcodesign
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cool & enjoy from the peoples republic of Conn., thanks for your service.

3. Welcome, and Happy New Year from Scotland.
    Gerry

4. Welcome from Connecticut

5. Ray,
    Great intro.
    Welcome from Michigan.

6. big bad john

big bad john

...Ray......welcome to the H.A.M.B.....

7. Welcome .............. From Winchester VA..................... I deal in Hotrod parts....................Let me know if I can help

Jay

8. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Welcome...I JUST LIKE FORDS...I JUST LOVE CHEVYS.
    "AND THE BOWTIE ROLLS ON"

9. ijuslikefords

ijuslikefords

Thanks for the welcome ya'll. When I get a day off from work I'll post some pics and ask for suggestions on how to fix a couple problems.

10. Are you in the Norfolk area? Be sure to join the Virginia HAMB social group.

Oh yeah- Welcome from northern VA.

11. Welcome from Waynesboro, VA!

12. Hi Ray welcome to The HAMB, it's sounds like your Model A is fairly complete ready for you to make it your own.

13. welcome! I'm in Newport News, what part of Va are you in?

14. ijuslikefords

ijuslikefords

I'm in Virginia Beach, work on NOB.

15. 40fordtudor

40fordtudor

Ray, welcome from Rowlett, TX. Appreciate a great intro like yours--

16. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Welcome aboard from nearby Maryland.

And welcome to the world of HAMB! The nets best source of hot rod related info and entertainment...........