Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Stromberg 97 & 94 Scott tops

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jason Minahan, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Any word on these tops for the 94's?.....sorry if there is a post for this already, this thread came up in a google search.

2. Nailhead, saw your post, funny deal. This thread stopped after my last post in September 2009... don't know what to tell ya! I would be interested also. In the mean time, try Vintage Speed. http://www.vintagespeed.com/

3. hyperfe

hyperfe

I'm in for the 97's.

Attached Files:

4. Dropthumbs

Dropthumbs

I ran a scott topped 97 on my speedster. I used foam cut from a microphone wind screen and it worked fine. You need something to stop the water from going into the carb when it rains, if you have no hood.

5. strombergs97

strombergs97
    from California

Here is a different kind of Scott type top. I had these custom made..
    Duane..

Attached Files:

6. Buzzard II

Buzzard II

Has this gone anywhere since strombergs97 post?

7. Dino

Dino

I could do without the "H" on top. Without that, I would probably buy them.

8. 54hotrodder

54hotrodder

Is there any word on these? i would be interested in them.

9. Hoping I can revive this subject. First of all I'm a newbie to H.A.M.B., but not a newbie to hot rods.
    I have an old school style 31 Coupe with a hot banger. Dual 97's with original Scott tops on an Evans manifold.
    Does anyone know of an air filter to fit on the Scott tops ? I live in the boonies, with 2-1/2 miles of dusty gravel road between me and the nearest pavement. I'm tired of fastening foam filter material to the tops of my carbs with rubber bands, so I can drive that 2-1/2 miles without sucking 10 pounds of dust down each carb. Here's hoping that someone knows of someone who makes these filters.

10. King ford

King ford
    from 08302

Looks too "billet" for a traditional car IMO

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

11. No billet in it. 4" dropped I beam axle, 37 spindles, 40 juice brakes all around, boxed rails, Kelsey Hayes 16" wires with big & little Firestone pie crust tires. Model A 5 bearing block with B counterbalanced crank, all insert bearings, NOS Chet Herbert 3/4 race cam with solid lifters, stainless valves and hard seats, finned old stock head, pair of 97'2 with original Scott tops on an Evans manifold, ceramic coated tube header, flywheel shaved from stock 65 lbs down to 26 lbs, later Ford clutch & pressure plate, Aluminum adapter to a 39 Ford trans & rear end.
    About the only thing that comes close to billet are the outside mirror mounts. 32 style dash with engine turned Moon stainless insert with Moon gages. Upgraded to 12 volt. 39 tail lights with turn signals. Front turn signals in the cowl lights. 31 headlights converted to 12 volt.
    All original Henry steel, with the exception of the repop steel 23 shell & grill, shortened front splash apron, steel 32 dash and repop steel running boards. No fiberglass in this car, and very little aluminum.
    This car had 2 owners since new, prior to me buying it. It still has the second owners high school parking sticker in the right quarter window.
    If you check the August 2007 issue of Rod & Custom, you'll see the chassis boxing done to this car.

12. I think he was referring to the Scott tops in this thread, not your hotrod... o_O

13. For those who are still interested in this subject, I may have found someone who will make air cleaners for the Scott tops. I should have more info tomorrow or Tuesday.

14. Hot damn ! Really didn't expect to hear back from the guy on Sunday. He's checking his patterns, and should get back to me tonight or tomorrow. He has air cleaners for the oval top Scotts, and is pretty sure he has patterns for the twin tube type too. He custom makes small batches. I'll update as soon as I hear something.

15. FlatheadFrankie

FlatheadFrankie

Any word on these? Available yet?

16. mgtstumpy

mgtstumpy

Here's some locally for you guys. $130 for 3. I've seen the other ones pop up from time to time but not recently

[​IMG]

Here's the Holley 94 tops. $157 for 3.
    [​IMG]

17. ANY BODY LOOKING FOR SCOTT TOPS I HAVE 5 ON STROMBERG 97 CARBS