Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Shop Truck

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by THE-SYNDICATE, Mar 29, 2010.

1. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Lot's of little shit done today but I'm not finished yet. The biggest item was final prep and paint of the inner fender panels. This is of course the inside the engine compartment and it needs to look groovy. The muffler shop is confirmed for Wednesday....... Yikes!

Here's a few shots:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. terd ferguson

terd ferguson

Wow! It's really looking killer and really coming together! Can't wait to see the stance with the dog house back on.

3. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I'm getting close for sure... Shitty part is that it's actually raining again today. May 25th in California. Who'd a thunk? The rain will fuck me for sure if it keeps up. I'm completely outta shit to do inside the shop other than finishing the grill and getting it back into the front clip assembly. So I'll focus on that tonight to keep moving forward. Better go check the forecast....... :(

4. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Time to pop for an easy-up!

- Joe

5. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Shit Joe, that might be the right idea.... I really can't believe its raining in late May. I for sure know I can stay busy tonight in the shop but it's Thursday that's worrying me.... I think I will take half of thursday off and for sure Friday at this point otherwise the reliability run is not going to happen for me this weekend. I forget how the little details just gobble up the time. Every little thing at the end seems to take and hour or 2 each to complete. And there's a lot of little things. Stay tuned!!!!

~Robert M.

6. Looking good! What kind of exhaust are you thinking of? I think electric cutouts would be cool and then some Porter mufflers. But thats just me.

7. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Hey Mitchell,

Yeah that would be bitchin! I really want Porter's on this but I've got a set of Hush Powers Brand New on the shelf. And with the amount of Money into this right now I think I better just use them. I'm going to run either 1-3/4" or 2" all the way out the back with little pencil tips just under the bumper. Ah.... Which reminds me I need to put the damn bumper on tonight... It's being towed to the exhaust shop in the AM.

8. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Well Fella's.... This weekend is look'n slim.... I did get it off the the exhaust shop today and they just called about 5min ago to tell me it's ready. I'll have it back home tonight and will try to get a few more things knocked out. The wife and I rocked it out on the front clip last night and go the whole thing polished. She took out the old weather stripping and then installed the new stuff. I need to finish bolting in the grill, which by the way has been a real pain in the ass.... And drill out a few sheared off bolts. It's pretty much ready to go back on the truck after that. The starter is wired but I need new battery cables for that ultra clean look. This and That.. All the final shit gobbles up time. I'm really suspect of Making the Sunday Reliablity run at this point.... If we miss it I will come up with my own run and the family will all head out for an adventure maybe Monday??? We will see....

I scored a killer set of '56 plates yesterday so these will go on when I redo the reg this friday.

As my buddy Dave says.... "ITS THE FINAL ROUND!!!!"

But I'm not done yet....

Here's some pics:

Installing the Bumper in the DAMN Rain...
    [​IMG]

Erin get'n at it with the weather stripping!
    [​IMG]

The freshly painted grill trying to cram into the hole....
    [​IMG]

Waiting for the Hook to pick it up.
    [​IMG]

I'm liking the stance...
    [​IMG]

More news soon,

Robert

9. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

wow, you are a brave man - I would have asked for a flatbed!

10. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Yeah I wanted a flat bed but this guy doesn't have one... The other tow guys in town are ass-holes and I didn't want to fight it. But the cool thing was watching the truck go down the road this morning. The road between Healdsburg and Windsor really sucks in the slow lane... So I wondered if the truck would be bouncing all around or if it would behave OK. It zoomed right down the road as smooth as glass.... I could see the rear end doing it's thing but the bulk of the truck was rock solid. We got there and go it up on the rack. No leaks, nothing warm, nothing looking weird. So it was a good trip. I'm going to go get it here shortly and bring it home.

Cheers,

Robert M.

11. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Your extensive knowledge and pre planning have fostered you a beautiful outcome, Robert. Now I've got no excuses for my '55 F100! Oh crap, here comes more rain!
    I'll use it for an excuse...

12. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Trip home was successful and it's right back where it started this morning! But now with a sweet set of Pipes!!! 2" all the way thru a pair of Hush-Power Flowmasters. Like I said earlier I would have put Porters on but these were in my stash of shit. Nice Work by Major Muffler as usual... Check it:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After we got this home it was off to school night for Maxwell. Such fun watching the little kids sing there hearts out! Too Funny! A bite to eat and then back to work...

1. Steering column wiring checked and all connected into the new Harness.

2. Steering Wheel installed after a quick Mod for the horn assembly.

3. Speedo Cable Installed.

4. Fan and pulleys painted and ready to install.

5. Toe in rough set enough for road test.

So not too bad??? My list is getting amazingly shorter.. Let's see what tomorrow holds?

~Robert M.

13. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

Man you're flyin - what inspiration! Here's a slight observation that you probably already know and have a plan for, but I'd put some protection on that wiring going thru the holes in the frame so it doesn't short out. I know you're flying along and I'd hate to see something get overlooked and all this work go up in flames! :eek:

14. Ghastly

Ghastly
    from DETROIT,MI

I'm diggin that truck.

15. 65PANELRAT

65PANELRAT

Great job! Nice pickup!

16. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

I hear ya on that... I'm trying to think about what they did from the factory in these spots? Maybe that neat woven tube material came down thru the hole to shield the wires? I think I can sneak in some rubber grommets at either side and they should be fine. If not I will do some selective wrapping with Friction tape.

Still thinking about that.... But yes, thanks for bringing it up!

~Robert

17. 57tailgater

57tailgater
    from Georgia

The factory used grommets. I recently bought a parts truck and they were STILL there! Given what all you've done so far, I know you'll come up with something nice, clean, and effective. :cool:

18. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

Lot's more off the list last night! Lots of Blah Blah Blah, but the important part is that I hooked up the battery and all the wiring so far seems 100%. Power in all the right spots and an engine that goes Rarr Rarr Rarr when you hit the key! Turn signals, tail lights, brake lights etc.... All 100%.

Front clip will be on this AM then I'll finish it up!

Film at 11:00

19. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

20. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

Wow. Nice work man. I really enjoy this thread. I have a 56 GMChevrolet I'll be starting soon enough after I finish this my 59 F100.

21. unibody

unibody

Truck looks great, nice build.

22. very cool truck.

23. Dave K

Dave K

Kick Ass!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Done just in the nick of time

24. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

DAVE!!!! I made it!!! I can't believe it..... This thing is super cool.... Little bullshit here and there in the AM and we are good to go....

No bump steer BTW.... It drives awesome!

Cheers,

Robert M.

25. THE-SYNDICATE

THE-SYNDICATE

26. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Wow this truck is comming out really nice.

27. Del Swanson

Del Swanson
    from Racine, WI

You sir are officially one of my hot rod heroes! The best part about this build is how your family's pitching in. Your boy will remember this for the rest of his life! You are a lucky man!

28. BoulevardBomber

BoulevardBomber

I have gotten some great tips from your build !!
    Thanks for posting it all !
    PS I made sure to show my wife how helpful yours was, hope it inspires her!

29. riceman

riceman

"GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAALLLL !" Max can be on my crew anytime ! Julie will have the cookies & milk.