Register now to get rid of these ads!

New shop cruck, Trar? elky that is.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by PeteMattersen, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Well a friend of mine stopped by my shop the other night and was on his way to look at a 59 el camino. So i'm always up for an adventure and decided to go with him. Well when we got there i was pleasantly surprised to see that it was fairly solid(for illinois standards). Well after looking at it and imagining it to be my shop truck for flying around town i decided i had to have it. So a week later i went and picked her up. She's home and close to running now but i am only going to get it running and then store it until i get my shoebox on the road. I can't have any distractions or i will lose focus!Here she is pressure washed off and waiting to be worked over!I need to start by losing that grant gt wheel. It's got an early 70's buick 350 in it for some reason, i will probably run it for now. I am really excited about this old girl!

Attached Files:

2. HotRodRick49

HotRodRick49

Good luck with it. That will most certainly make a bad ass shop truck. Cool as hell.

3. Marty McFly

Marty McFly

Good find! Yeah in the midwest to find a decent elky is few and far between.

I have never seen a '59 with side pipes!

Marty McF.

4. I thought the side pipes were silly at first. The more i look at it though, the more they are growing on me. I will build my own set for it though.

5. sweet! its hard to find decent ones around here as well , most have been beat to death being used as farm vehicles..

6. Aaron51chevy

Aaron51chevy

Very nice score, here is some inspiration,

Attached Files:

7. truckedup 28

truckedup 28

man were you find that at. looks nice...Jones

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

So, your the guy that bought MY '59 Elky.:rolleyes::) Just kidding, I've been looking for one for quite a while. I've aquired a '64 to play with in the meantime BUT, '59's are the ultimate. Good luck with it and keep us posted.

Frank

9. oldsman71

oldsman71

59 chvys or elkys have some coolest bodie lines, looks like you found a cool one! good luck!

10. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

I'd say that's a damn good score for the middle of Illinois. That ol buick motor will surprise you, they make a lot of torque. If you ever decide to swap it out, let me know as I'd be interested.

Bill

11. Fraz

Fraz
    from Dixon, MO

Yup! You suck all right......

I need to quit talkin shit, I'm gonna go look at a car today actually, might be doin the same thing you are soon, posting pics and that stuff.

12. Funny. I decided I need an Elky again!

13. I love those...I went and looked at one about two months ago and the guys description (how many times have we gotten too excited from that) made it sound like it was a creampuff...well no happy ending here it was one speed bump away from falling apart like the cartoon cars in the movie cars in the Rusteze tent...congrats on the purchase...59's are bitchin

14. LUX BLUE

LUX BLUE
    Alliance Vendor
    from AUSTIN,TX

Trar?

Nah man, that's a classic SPORK UTILITY You have there.:D

15. schulze

schulze
    from arizona

nice el camino!

saw one at work the other day. it was parked out front and I must
    have gone out to drool every 30 minutes or so. Original white paint…
    nice patina and some old pin stripped flames, lowered to the ground
    on stock wheels and white walls…bad as hell!

when the dude finally came out, I heard him start it up and I went
    out to talk…I said, man I love that el camino!

his response:

"so do I" and drove off!:mad:

still a bad ass ride, good luck!

16. scrape

scrape

cool elco..... ive been seeing alot of 59s beeing sold for good prices lately...... so, now would bee a good time to buy one.......
    heres a pic of my new project........

Attached Files:

17. Yea, 59 ElCamino's are cool.

I sold my GMC Sonoma and the only truck I had was my model A, which is a bitch to use as a truck because it's so small and my tailgate doesn't go down.

I figured a 59 ElCamino would be the coolest shop truck I could find.
    Good Luck with yours.

Attached Files: