Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs "New" shoes for the Desoto!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustydusty, May 8, 2011.

1. This weekend I put the wheels, wide whites, trim rings and hub caps I had left over from my '62 Studebaker, on my '55 Desoto. Future plans are to paint the roof the same color as the wheels. ("Surf blue".)

Whatcha think?

Attached Files:

2. mackster

mackster

I like it! nice ride man! you should check out the P15-D24 forum! I bet they will love to hear all about your ride!

3. BigBlockMopar

BigBlockMopar

The white walls look good on the car, but I'm not so sure on the color of the wheels.
    I feel the Desoto is a more 'serious' car for that baby blue color.
    My choice for the roof and wheels would be something like light grey metallic or even a light metalflake. Copper/Gold metallic would look good aswell imo.

Oh and I would lower the car a couple of inches for some extra custom look.

4. X2 on the light copper or light gold wheels and roof.

Would look classy.

love the car.

5. Sweet Lark

Poverty leaves an impression

6. Manson

Manson
    from Baden, MD
    1. Maryland HAMBers

Not bad- the whitewalls look great on it, I'm just not so sure about the color choice on the wheels, looks a little too bright on an all black car. I'd go with something like a light silver-blue on the wheels and roof to break it up if it were mine.

I believe that's Al's old car, right? If so, I'm glad to see it stay in the area- she's a nice one. I've got a '55 Fireflite 2 door hardtop I've been working on for a while now. Not too many desotos around here that I've seen.

7. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

Now drop it and shave it.;)

Attached Files: