Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New Shoes for an Old Coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by AKGrouch, Mar 8, 2015.

1. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

It's amazing what just a little change can do to a car's appearance. The first shot is of the coupe as I bought it with the ugliest mags and tires I ever saw for a coupe. The second is of the new shoes which look like they were meant to be there. And the third is of the tread pattern on the Mickey Thomspon Street Radials. Those 29x1500x15's on the rear are awesome. Can't wait to get the engine and suspension mods done so I can spin em up a bit...

Attached Files:

40fordtudor likes this.
  2. OlAZGuy

OlAZGuy
    from Phoenix

yup. you did good. Dick.

3. vwdave30

vwdave30

Looks alot better without the 90's mini truck wheels

4. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

5. billsat

billsat

Classic look, perfect choice.

6. X2, my thoughts exactly.

7. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Thanks for the kind words guys. We tore into the engine yesterday to install a L79 cam. The engine had been alleged to be a 383 stroker but had no outward signs. It is a pretty fresh engine maybe not even broken in yet, but we found the truth. It appears to be a mexican build 350 crate motor with a cam that was not run in correctly. At least it's a 4 bolt main. Haven't a clue what the heads are as we aren't pulling them this winter.....maybe some different heads next winter. I'm just trying to make a few improvements to get on the road for this summer's show n shines. Our summers are too short and got to make the most of what we end up with.

Pat

8. atch

atch

[​IMG]

unfortunately anything once seen can never be unseen...

9. AKGrouch

AKGrouch

Thanks for the kind words guys. Just started looking at the rebuild that you posted Craig. Nicely done. Love the nailhead. It looks great. I'm putting an offy intake and 3x2's on the coupe and will be doing some research as to what heads to put on it between the 350 block and 3x2 manifold and L79 cam.

1927graham likes this.