Register now to get rid of these ads!

New RPU progress pics, & my best mock-up to date haha

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by dodgerodder, Jun 21, 2008.

1. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Well we got some more done on the rpu in the past couple days. I got the firewall cut out for the bell housing, and another crossmember for the subframe built. I could now finally see the car with the motor & tranny in it, and man I am really excited & happy with the way it looks.

I can now work on finishing the subframe, and the tunnel & tranny hump. I hope to get some of that going on sunday. Here's a couple pics as it sits, at least I can kind of see what it's gonna look like finally. I like how the olds fills up the firewall so much. Thanks for looking

Dan

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fiftyv8

fiftyv8
    from CO & WA

3. 54chevy4door

54chevy4door

Are the rear frame rails from art morrison? going to be a sweet truck man

4. the RPU is looking great dan!

5. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Dan... progressing nicely.
    I see you have kept the mounting point for the top. Are you going to build a soft top for this truck?
    Your posts are always inspiring. Especially with all the off-topic crap that's allowed to go on and on.
    In my humble opinion you guys have as much talent (or more) as any other builder that I have ever seen in a magazine or on any TV show.
    I know my truck won't look as nice but I enjoy seeing the quality work you have done.
    It would be nice if you could include the former posts you have created about the build so those who don't know your work can see it without hunting the board for it. The HAMB moves WAY too fast in some cases.
    In the meantime, guys.. go hunt down Dan's other threads on this build if you are new to it. Fine work.
    Ok... now that your head is swelled up... a quick note on the other beauties poking their noses and wheels out in those picture would be nice, just to show that you and your family aren't a "one-trick pony". ;) KIDDING!

6. oldrodder43

oldrodder43

As Always----------Excellent work Dan. Nice car..........But then, I thought the first version was nice too. You're waaayyyy toooo fussy! Perley

7. FoMoCoPower

FoMoCoPower

FYI...lugnuts work better then tape!!

j/k....lookin good

8. hemifarris

hemifarris

Your threads are enjoyable. Nice R/P and excellent workmanship.......Mike

9. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

That is some FANTASTIC work, on the R.P.U.

10. dutched32

dutched32

11. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

We should all aspire to do our work as clean as yours.

12. Great work as always! It is going to look incredible when it is done. It's funny I can't wait to see it finished but I will be disappointed when the updates stop as this is one of my favorite builds to follow. Keep them coming!

13. Old Gold

Old Gold

You, your dad and brother all do incredible work.

14. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Thanks a ton for the support guys, I really appreciate that! I am so happy to see this start to resemble a car, good lord....
    For what it's worth, I promise this "version" of the car will be the last, and hopefully will be drivable by November for the Turkey Run.

Hey, masking tape is a great mock-up tool, along with vice-grips, c-clamps, and tack welds:p

Gizmo, I don't want to brag and flaunt pictures of our shop beauties to the public, it just wouldn't be right....though it is really nice to have Carmen Electra hanging around the shop.
    Haha, one thing I promise that I won't post pictures of is the shop cats, though it is hard to actually get a picture without them in it. I am going to put a top on it too. I still have the bows from the last body that will fit fine. I think a top will look nice on it, and as much rain as we seem to get lately it will help a little. It seems like eveytime my dad or brother take their roadsters out anymore it rains.....Plus Carmen hates to get her hair wet.Thanks btw

54 Chevy, the rear rails are from Autoweld in PA. They are great people to deal with, and reasonably priced as well.

Hopefully I can get some more done on the subframe tomorrow, I plan on getting a ton done next weekend, as I actually have fri night, sat & sun next week to get maybe 30 hours or so in on it. Hopefully I can get lots of the floor, tunnel & tranny hump done. Thanks guys

Dan

15. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Hey Dan,

It ain't flaunting or bragging unless you present it that way, which I don't think you would be doing.

Mine'll have a top too. Don't want something that I need to check the weather report before driving.

Cats? They let you use their garage? Wow. You must be doing something right.

Take care of Carmen... ;)

Joe

16. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

Alright Joe....I was trying to avoid flaunting, but here you go, here's a pic of the shop beauties. I was just trying to keep this on the down low
    Dan

Attached Files:

17. GizmoJoe

GizmoJoe

Hahahaha
    Thanks for the new background for my computer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dang. Now I gotta wipe the drool off the keyboard.

18. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Dan,Killer progress as always.I have followed all 3 build's for some time now.The 39 truck is still on my mind.

Check your PM'S

If you have a minute I would like to talk to you.

Thank's in advance

19. Black Primer

Black Primer

That truck rocks! Your shop is pretty cool too!

20. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

It's lookin awesome, Dan:cool:...when I see an update from you, I never know what to expect! haha

21. tinmann

tinmann

I like your vision..... the RPU looks wicked.

22. tinyt869

tinyt869

awesome looking truck Dan

23. Moondog13

Moondog13

Wow, it's looking great! Thanks for the info on your wheels by the way, they're beautys! :D

24. Looks great man, looks like you have a killer shop!

25. Chuck R

Chuck R

Great looking hot rod. Can't wait to see it on the road.
    chuck