Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Rod the burban

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slick 65, Oct 18, 2011.

1. slick 65

slick 65

I went 3 hours up into michigan to pick this gem up 2 weeks ago from its original owner, 51k orginal miles, all documentation since new every oil changed noted every fill up recorded ive got the original window sticker and ziebart paperwork, it a very cool truck, its got a 250 3 on the tree, im going to be building the truck as a tribute to my dad who passed away suddenly friday at the age if of 51.

im planning on a built 454 dressed as a 427 from 66, super t10 4spd, 3:42 gears, full airride, 5lug disk brake swap on all 4 corners, its going to appear 100% stock from the outside and in biasplys and all, then once all is finished driveline wise i will be doing a full body resto to complete the truck.

hope you all enjoy ill have more pictures as i continue.

ive only lowered it so far for the summit halloween classic coming up
    [​IMG]

2. chriseakin

chriseakin

Nice looking ride. Sounds like a lot of work but a great way to honour your dad.
    Chris

3. bmock50

bmock50
    from DC KS

Sorry to hear about your loss but cool ride.

4. CADDY1

CADDY1
    from NEVADA

Very sorry for your loss, very nice truck.......cant wait to see it done

5. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Sounds like you and your dad were close. If you follow through with this being a tribute to him you'll be amazed how many times you'll be thinking of him during the build. My condolences for our loss and may your dad rest in peace.

Frank

6. This thread is a year and a half old and I haven't seen anything more on this build. HRP