Register now to get rid of these ads!

New ride.. 56 Meteor Rideau 4dr hardtop

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by Y-Blokkah, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

I knew this car 40 years ago when I was 17, and it stuck in my memory as quite pink and very rare. Much like pussy was to me back then.

Fast forward 30 years, and the War Department advises that she likes Pink, white, and black old cars.
    Immediately,... POOF! On goes the light, and I so happen to have seen one just like it, years back.
    So the search begins.

It took 6 years, but it went through a few owners and wouldn’t hound know it, it had migrated from the Saskatchewan prairies back then, to Arkansas, literally 300 miles from my front door in Anna, Tx.
    Four years of talks ensued, and I became fast friends with the owners. Then, earlier this year, I got the call that the coast was clear and they agreed to sell it to me. Negotiations lasted 12 seconds. Haha
    And home she came.
    The look on The Commanding General’s face was truly heart melting, she got her pink, black, and white machine, and I got another car, plus all the nookie I can handle!
    Life is good!

Attached Files:

2. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

I’d say the look on her face says it all.

3. Wow! A fellow Canadian from Swift Current now living in Lubbock Texas says what an awesome Meteor.

1 more car I promise, Rex Winter
    Dry n windy Lubbock TX

lothiandon1940 and winduptoy like this.
  4. jimmy six

jimmy six
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice car...

lothiandon1940 likes this.

5. That is probably the best looking 4 door I have ever seen!

winduptoy likes this.
  6. winduptoy

winduptoy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. I laughed and laughed at you 2nd sentence so much so that it took a few minutes to get back on track and read the rest of what you wrote. I must say with a kind of anticipation of what other 'gems' were in there.

I wasn't disappointed... second last sentence.

Oh, by the way, a very nice pick, black and white you have there. Rare as an obedient Scotty dog I would say !!!!

Y-Blokkah and lothiandon1940 like this.
  8. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

You realize that if she sees this, all gains will be lost.

A precarious position indeed

Last edited: Aug 12, 2020
  9. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

10. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

I will say that this is one serious dawg off the line and around town. The 312 was lifted from a low mile 57 Turnpike Cruiser about 15 years ago, and has travelled about 20,000 miles since. It still has its factory 56 teapot and dual advance distributor.
    I’m seriously interested in keeping the stock or at least stock on initial inspection look under the hood, so,.... I’ve devised a cunning plan.

We are in the process of changing over to my prized Blue Thunder aluminum 4bbl intake topped by a 1” riser and a Summit 600 carb. Tucked in behind is a rebuilt 64 F100 distributor with a Pertronix Igniter ll electronic ignition.

Yes, I could have gone to the Mummert four barrel intake, but that one is more for racing and eliminates the heat riser passages. I’ll block it off anyway, but the Blue Thunder has the firing order cast in along with the factory part number, so upon initial inspection it’ll appear stock.
    Plus I’m adding A/C, so the lighter aluminum will keep the all up weight close to stock.

Methinks this’ll wake up a few sleepy ponies hidden deep in that 312.

AldeanFan likes this.
  11. Y-Blokkah

Y-Blokkah
    from Anna, Tx

wuch’y’all think of my cleverly laid plans?

12. Greg Rogers

Greg Rogers

I have no idea but I'll bump you up....

13. AldeanFan

AldeanFan

This sounds like a great plan,

The 292 Y block in my Country Squire has a stock 4bbl intake with a 600 Holley 4010 (same design as the summit carb) and a ‘64 distributor with points. It pushes my big woody around no problem. The fordomatic is the only place I’ve got left to improve.

Great car, love the colours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk