Register now to get rid of these ads!

New repro steel under-dash A/C from Vintage Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Johnny1290, Jul 2, 2006.

1. SK6 strng -- I just saw the Yogi's ad in 1/13 Street Scene. The ad says the Mark IV is:
    15.5"W x 5.75"H x 13.5"D

Hope this helps, Phil

2. 1963 I had a mark IV in a black 48 Plymouth 4 door sedan and it did keep that big interior cool.

3. TANNERGANG

TANNERGANG
    BANNED
    from alabama

Yeah Boy....I remember seeing ac hung under the dash in all the TRADITIONAL CAR back in the day...don't ya'll remember Milner saying, "Let me Turn my ac off Falfa".....NO Way Boys.........Traditional means sweating your Butt off........If you ok ac's in Traditional cars, what will be next...GPS, Ipod's,.......Gold Chains, Diamond rings?.....You got to Nip This In The Bud as Barney would say........Nip It, Nip It, Nip It...........................can you believe these people today......?

4. I have an original Mk IV evap unit in my 49 Ford COE. It was R-12, but I run it on R-134a and it works just fine. Sanden compressor, $5 swap meet condenser. The most expensive part was the custom hoses, about $250 for all of them with fittings and crimping.

I have driven the COE to Bonneville last 6 years, the A/C is nice driving across the desert. It also keeps my wife a lot happier. Nobody has ever claimed my COE should not have A/C.

5. 59 brook

59 brook

i can remember in about '68 when my dad had a mkiv installed in our wagon . when i got my 59 it had a mk iv in it and i still have the directions and a letter from the company thanking the owner for purchasing the mk iv

since i have dual a/c's to kool my big boat does that make me a dual gold chainer too? maybe if you really want a hot rod run without a/c but if you want a cool rod run a/c and enjoy . no way i could ever enjoy my wagon in a 100* heat wave with no a/c

6. Russco

Russco
    from Central IL

I want to have air in the 40 I'm building now. I know this thread is several years old but whats the hot set up for underdash systems now?

7. dtwbcs

dtwbcs
    from Brenham,TX

Who sells the Mark IV with a kit?

8. NEWFISHER

NEWFISHER
    from Oregon

Summitt and they offer free shipping on it right now...$289

9. inline 292

inline 292

Hot Rod Garage is an Alliance Vendor, I got mine thru them a couple years back & they are super to deal with. So nice to call & get the same guy on the phone & he knows what you're talking about.

10. Don Buczkowski

Don Buczkowski

IMG_6470.PNG IMG_6470.PNG IMG_6470.PNG IMG_6470.PNG
    It looks a lot this original older unit pictured here.
    I recently purchased a 50' Ford for my dad and it had an older unit (still throws out 39 degree air) I thought it said it was a Mark Vl but the knobs are side by side and basically the whole front grill and insert vents are chrome. I'm looking for a new cover and the plastic on the left where my knobs are. It has a slight crack in it. Do you have these parts or can you point me in the right direction? Thanks
    Don