Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods New project

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Ragtop, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Ragtop

Ragtop

Many of you will remember this art work Jeff Norwell did for me a few years ago of my friend Roy DesJardins' "T for Two" that he built in 1958. Pictures were posted in my post "http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13971 about real 50's hot rods a few years ago. I was recently lucky enough to find a really nice '26 T body and I'm going to build a clone of Roy's T and I'll post pics as I go. The original car started out with a little Red Ram Hemi, and I saw it that way in 1958 but I was only 10 or 11 years old then. I remember it best from when a high school chum bought it in the mid 60's with a Chevy in it ( the principle told him he couldn't bring it to school any more because he and the car were a bad influence on the rest of us, so he quit and now he's a millionaire) and I have a 400 small block that was my Dad's and I've been saving it for something special so it's going in this car. I know, I know, not too many SBC fans here, but in my book they are as traditional as can be - every car I knew from the late 50s and 60's had a Chevy and this one will look period with tripower with "Hi-Power Speed" air cleaners, and finned Vette valve covers. The nicest thing about building Hot Rods is you build'm your way and if someone else doesn't care for it that's too bad.

2. gasser john

gasser john

Good luck, enjoy the journey cuz in your minds eye you already know how it looks, i agree sbc are great engines, thats why so many people use them. have fun and post pics as you go.John

3. Ragtop

Ragtop

Pictures didn't load for some reason

Attached Files: