Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Project.... Truck Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tippett, Feb 12, 2009.

1. Tippett

Tippett
    from Alberta

Just got another project underway, I choose An International becuase you dont see them around much. Something Different I guess

Let me know what you Guys Think!

Attached Files:

2. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looks good from here. Those are usually pretty solid trucks that are almost always overlooked.

3. Kid Jeff

Kid Jeff

Looks good. Nice to see something different every now and then.

4. What year is your International? Looks like a pretty solid truck, don't see many of them rodded and I really don't know why because they're a good looking truck. Given that it has a straight ladder frame, it lends itself to whatever running gear and suspension you want. If the body is as solid as it looks, should be no more difficult to build that a comparable vintage Ford or Chevy. Keep us updated on the build.

5. Tippett

Tippett
    from Alberta

Yah Just picked up some parts today, Ill update with pics tonight, Long weekend should get alot done!!

Ya there both really solid trucks, the Green one Had two sticks of dynamite under the seat from the railway!

The Green one is staying stock! Right down to the tires and 6v! and the red one is getting a new Mill and Slammed with 550 15 white walls front and 750 15 white walls rear.

6. bigun

bigun

7. 29nash

29nash
    BANNED
    from colorado

:cool:I think you got it together, two trucks side by side, get tired of working on one?...............That nightime picture is cool.:cool:

8. Guitar Guy

Guitar Guy

those trucks kick ass. my uncle has one and its amazing just how big they are and how stable. The motor actually sits lower than in regular trucks giving it a very low point of gravity making it almost impossible to roll in over. My uncle's is a four door with dual tanks. The thing is a beast

9. Tippett

Tippett
    from Alberta

Well Got some work done this weekend, Pulled the motor trans, got the brakes working, Finished lowering the front and rear 8 Inches, Just looking for a Drop Axle or a IFS front, Gonna mount the 350 this weekend and hopefully get it sitting at the right stance! Got some Firestone 750 15s and some 600 15s,
    Here is some recient pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Newbomb Turk

Newbomb Turk

That is gonna be sooooo badass. :cool:

11. 56truk

56truk
    from piqua,ohio

I always liked the looks of the International's, the 2 I owned turned into rust buckets. Glad to see a survivor!

12. old1946truck

old1946truck

NO not a 350 those are so bland go with something else. Everyone has a 350 be different hell I even think some of the late model Internationals had a V8 in them. but the trucks look great thought.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  13. Lookin' good.....looking forward to more progress.....:D

14. great truck. we got a few rodded down this end of the planet. keep up the good work.

15. international

international
    from home

1941 international hope the pics work

103.jpg

104.jpg

047.jpg

065.jpg

16. Wheelless

Wheelless

rad... i had a 1956 international pickup... should have kept it.. all stock runner... they look great.

17. Tippett

Tippett
    from Alberta

Ill have An update very shortly, Gonna go hard this weekend, Just waiting on some tires from Coker and a motor of some sort ahaha, my goal is to be done by May Long weekend, Oh and anyone with tips on droping my own beam let me know

Keep the wheels spinning and the beavers grinin!

18. LarzBahrs

LarzBahrs
    from Sacramento

A bbf Would send that thing flyin, can you say 429!

19. silversink

silversink

I got a 1935 with a 454, what a mistake that was. It is a real tire burner but the stock front end, even with new parts, starts the shimmy thing at about 45 MPH.
    I'm doing 1949 KB1 with a 4.3 V6 should be a little better on the road. the 35 and the 49 are in my Pict. gallery, the 35 was done by my brother in law and looks stock from the outside but inside it a cobbled mess that need to be redone. I'm thinking about dumping the 454 and putting dependable 6 in its place. I like getting there and back with out the use of triple A.
    Internationals are overlooked now but wont be when all the Chev. ford metal is gone, then yours will be top of the line. I love that style you have better than what I have.

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

In this case I don't kick the 350. Those IH V8 engines are heavy as hell, have no performance parts available and a lot of thier pieces including radiator hoses are "dealer items only". It's asking a guy a lot to tell him he needs to install an engine that he has to pay full list price for every piece and a lot of the pieces are special order only.

21. Tippett

Tippett
    from Alberta

Well some new pictures from the weekend, got the seat done and the brakes ordered, just some cleaning

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

ill have more tonight

Thanks for the comments

Hopefully next weekend the motor goes in!

22. Tippett

Tippett
    from Alberta

Looks A little better now, just at mock up stages, should be good to go soon, just waiting on coker and a drop axle, brake master, pretty stoked!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

here is the other one,

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. RatPin

RatPin

How are these projects coming along?

24. new 2 the old

new 2 the old

here is my 56 international i get this weekend .

Attached Files:

• 56.jpg
      56.jpg
      File size:
      8.2 KB
      Views:
  25. Great trucks, the steel must be 1/16" thick.