Register now to get rid of these ads!

New project- Stinkfoot

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LoBrow, Apr 12, 2006.

1. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

About 3 weeks ago my friend and I took a few days off of my college classes and headed down to Illinois to retrieve a new project. We were headed for Cottage Hills, home to the famed Nick32Vic, and from my school it was about an 8 hour drive. We landed down there late on a Thursday night. After getting lost and stopping at the store to be buy some beer we arrived at my pal NIcks place. We got the remains of a 36' Dodge truck cab, and some misc front sheetmetal parts loaded up quickly and that is where it all started. We spent the night down there and it was a blast. The road trip was quite the experience, it took us about 10 jours to get home because we took a little side turn through Indiana. On our way back home we got some stares and some good laughs. The whole time I was trying to think of a name for the little project that I would remember forever. After a while the name stinkfoot stuck with me. The idea with the name is related to my friend, Andy, who went down with me. You see when he took his boots off a distinct odor filled the room. So all night we were giving him a hard time about how bad his feet smelled. There you have it- my project story. These pics are for you Nick. Thanks for the parts- Dustin

2. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

So its another "truck cab" style vehicle. There has been an abundancy of them done up in the past, but I dont care- Heres the "crew" the morning we headd home for Michigan:
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/StemmerII/Stinkfoot/loadup3.jpg

Heres the cab when I got it home and cut the floor out:
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/StemmerII/Stinkfoot/3-30005.jpg

Set at ride height:
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/StemmerII/Stinkfoot/CABSML.jpg

Doors hung:
    http://i52.photobucket.com/albums/g3/StemmerII/Stinkfoot/doorhung.jpg

3. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

4. Plowboy

Plowboy

You come all the way down here and don't stop by. I see how you are.

What is the chassis going to be?

5. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

I am getting my front end (40 Ford) together this weekend. I will use as many of the parts that I have collected over the years as possible. I have an 8 3/4 axle, I will use my spare engine that I machined at school: 413 Chrysler, with my 3 carb setup that I bought for a project like this. Probably run an automatatic. I am still looking for ideas on the bed. I will work on the body last, after everything is pretty squared away. I am thinking some sort of blue color. There you have it- Stinkfoot. Thanks for looking - Dustin

6. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

I know, I know-I thought you probably had enough of me after Autorama. I asked Nick where you lived and then we ended up going a different way home. We had to get back quick and we ended up driving like 22 hours the whole weekend due to another trip we did when we got home. Next time. Man did I see enough corn fields to last my lifetime though. I still want a shirt.... How is the Rocket Queen coming??

As for the frame its a 2x3 tube frame with both a front and rear kickup. Not sure exactly how much. I hope to get the chassis completed done this weekend.

7. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ah, the happy days of college...endless energy, financed time, and no thoughts of the future. ROCK THAT BIATCH!!!

good luck.

8. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Im excited!

Dustin, put Img tags around all your links and they should show up on this page.

9. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Dustin and Andy in front of the Arch

Attached Files:

10. sweet...push forward to completion. Keep us posted.

11. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

I had them all as images but the pics were humongo so I did it with the links. Sorry I am not up to your technical standards....

12. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

Well I feel like I am 55...I have hardly no time and I am working on this thing once a week and still trying to get ane engine together for my pro street truck and trying to get through school...and I am broke. So I guess really the only thing that fits from your statement is the no thoughts of the future...haha Thanks I'll keep you all posted.

13. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

The frame perimeter is now complete. I have the front end (40 Ford) now and am eager to get the thing rolling around. Here is a pic of the frame. Huge thanks to Josh (telecaster_6) for his shop space and welding help.

[​IMG]

14. LoBrow

LoBrow
    from MI

more mockup....

[​IMG]

15. Nick32vic

Nick32vic