Register now to get rid of these ads!

new project is home !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by goatboy, Jul 5, 2009.

1. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

well the rumblin rambler is home and ready to get started on, god its ugly!!!! oh well i've done worse cars, this should'nt be too bad:eek:

Attached Files:

2. mr.smith

mr.smith

whats your plans for it?

3. What's bigger then a bread box? is square and flat and has weeds and mud? The ramblin Rambler in T boys driveway............ Oh Shit! there goes the neighborhood!

4. pwschuh

pwschuh
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

That has a lot of potential as a custom. Don't see too many around. Please keep us up to date on your plans.

5. kwoodyh

kwoodyh

Butt Fugly! I love it, wish It was mine!

6. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

dont ferget the rats too, ya old fart!!! guess who gets to lay out the flames ???

7. why is it that the old guys you always buy the cars from in a field look like the guy on the right next to the truck

8. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

actually this guy just watches this property for the owner, we just stored this car here for 14 yrs !!! i just now decided to get it out & do something with it. but yea you're right most guys that own those cars that "i'm gonna restore that someday" look kinda goofy huh?

9. I know, I know, Flames Hmmm. Sounds like fun, Wow just thought of something! Guess I better brush up (no pun intended) Let's see, let's see????????????? Oh I know, the wifes DRYER !!!!!!! should have the same bodylines ;o)

All kidding aside, looking forward to helping,

10. farna

farna

It looks pretty rough, I have a two door 62 sedan that looks about the same in the back. Not sure if I'm going to do anything with it or not. Also have a 65 that's in much better shape and has more room under the hood, but just doesn't look as cool -- more like a 65 or so Falcon than... well, nothing really compares to the Rambler, maybe an early Studebaker Lark?

11. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

yea me & the old lady are thinkin sunset orange like our 07 avalanche and a little lighter orange flames, old style wheels with dog dishes and lowered just enough to look cool !
    change the headlights, taillights, shave the chrome and handles and bumpers and go to town ! any other ideas from anyone ? anything? im open to suggestions (except from oldfart36) hes fuggin nuts guys

12. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

can anyone photoshop me a pic of that idea ?

13. James427

James427
    BANNED

I used to have this one. The whole reason I bought it was that "space suit silver" interior!

Attached Files:

14. farna

farna

I didn't do much to my old 63 American. Aluminum slot wheels w/195-65R15 tires, a flip open gas cap and fender mount wide angle mirrors I got from a late 70s Nissan Skyline when I was stationed in Okinawa, Japan. Colors are early 90s Eddie Bauer Explorer green and silver.

I know a lot of you think those mirrors look goofy, but most in Japan were installed that way up into the early 80s. They are wide angle, with no "you're too stupid to know the mirror distorts the image" message on either side. While you can't judge distance well by them, you can see EVERYTHING along the side of the car -- no blind spots! Glance at your mirror and know you can or can't change lanes without turning your head. Loved that! When backing you have to turn and look though. No big deal, most people do.

[​IMG]

15. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

"why is it that the old guys you always buy the cars from in a field look like the guy on the right next to the truck"
    I resemble that guy! We look like that because there is a secret society of bib overall wearing old guys,We trade info on how to sell stuff to city slickers,proper attire for the occasion(never wear new bibs when buyers visit...always make sure the seed corn hat is from a local company,etc)plus how to arrange photo ops.
    In regards to the Rambler,nice car.There are a few of those in a scrapyard near me that havent been touched.If you need anything let me know.

16. pro1street

pro1street

Here's one with lightning instead of flames.
    [​IMG]

17. "fuggin nuts" whuuuu, man I was really worried there for a minute, thought you'd say something raunchy.... I'll make sure you get the warm beer from now on when you come over!!!!

The photoshop car shows promise, but I agree with you T a lighter color almost a heavy ghost flame would set the car off ;o)

18. Also like the classic look of "James427" car, looks good and also reminds me of your brothers car.

19. tattedfordguy

tattedfordguy

I like it, Are you gonna post pics of the build?

20. goatboy

goatboy
    from kansas

oh yea, i'll post as i get started, its gonna take a while, i have projects for some old farts on here that have to get done first

21. 454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR

454_4_ON_THE_FLOOR
    from Selden, TX

thats really pretty damn cool, i really like unusual stuff. Reminds me of hauling home my 55 f100, it had a tree growing through the bed!