Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Project for newbie

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by tikidiablo, Sep 30, 2005.

1. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

I brought this home the other day. What do y'all think. There is no cancer on this and just the second coat of paint . I just about passed out when i got this.

Attached Files:

2. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I hate you AND yo momma.

Just kidding, seems like a fantastic start for a project. Almost too nice to cut up. :) Almost...

3. Petejoe

Petejoe
    from Zoar, Ohio

Great car!
    whats your plans?? lucky?

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

If you'd like, I'll take that off your hands.
    Nice.

5. It's obvious that car is causing you great diress if you almost passed out. Better let me have it. I'm healthy and have no car allergies. This would be for your own good.

Seriously, it looks great. Out here in the Rust Belt I only see 'em that nice in mirages and dreams.

6. pOrk

pOrk

Car looks mint, where'd you find it? What year? Chop it :cool:

7. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

aint that the truth,,, only other place i seen those round here in the land of the missing rockers is on a trailer comming from the southwest :p

8. Pack the fenders away carefully, reversed eye spring in the rear, have the axle dropped, juice brakes, hop up the four, drive.

9. dodgerodder

dodgerodder

I agree its too nice for you to cut up. I on the other hand would have no problem cutting it up though..............:p What are your plans for it? If I could ever in my lifetime find a similar car, it'd cost about $1,162,865 around here. Looks like a greatsolid start, good luck

10. At that angle it is really hard to tell what body style it is, is it a Vicky ? Looks awsome, very solid starting point.

Richard

11. Buckle

Buckle

Looks awesome! Would look better in my garage though next to my 25T that is in pieces and not nearly as nice :) .

12. I'm with Tony Bones.....

13. Burny

Burny

Nice score! What's the plan?

14. HolyHandGrenade

HolyHandGrenade

Man that thing is fugly!

I'll give you $1000.00 for it... Just to help you out. I am that nice a guy.:D

15. JasonK

JasonK

16. hatch

hatch
    from house

Lookin good.....thought I'd help the project along...:)

Attached Files:

17. Splinter

Splinter

"Momma, she's too purty to cut up like the others...."

Nice find

18. Since we all know that the left coast is going to fall off into the ocean at anytime, you should really get it on a trailer to the midwest real soon. I would even throw in a little bit of gas money to ease the pain. Yeah, most of us are just a little jealous. Nice find. BOB

19. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

I like it, but I don't think my wife wanted the house chopped? Hah. Well I know I will run it full fendered for a bit then build a "32 frame for it an chop it as well. So a fellow Hamber is selling a 1958 ford a 338 police interceptor motor . This sounds like the shit to me, but I have the option of a 350/700( barter for tiki stuff) or a lincoln flathead.

I have a Dago 4" dropped axle and bendix brakes. Truthfully , I am all over the place with this , but do know i will put a nice interior in it. I'll do this myself. Thanks for the kind words and generous offers to take it off my hands guys. Oh, and it is a five window coupe.

20. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

go with the lincoln flatty, or the interceptor mill... :cool:

21. If the four banger is an easy fix, It might be interesting to run it and build the motor you really want as you go...............what ever way you go, you've got a good start.

22. Scott

Scott

That's a beauty. Keep the progress posted.

23. marauder651

marauder651
    from Tucson AZ

I'm jealous as hell! Have fun lucky MF.

24. Lincoln Flattie...

25. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

A little progress for the folks. I put some new Firestones on along with some 16" steelies. I changed out the front end with and old Dago axle I had and some F100 brakes. I wanted to use wire wheels, but put the steelies on for now, until I get the fitment sorted out.
    Next is a rear end swap to an 8" and some Alden coilover I scored at the swap. Dont mind the rope on the wishbones, I'll get those mounted when we pull the body off the frame to box it. Any suggestions welcome .

Attached Files:

26. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

lookin good, and i dig the rake angle, , , but is it me or do them rear skins seem a bit too much for the fender opening :confused:

like i say, lookin good at any rate... are yur knuckles bloody yet? LOL

27. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

P.S.

The Tiki shifter i bought off you a while back sits in the top of my toolbox... gets more looks and comments than i coulda imagined. i almost dont wanna drill and tap it for a shifter handle LOL altho i DID have the idea of drilling him out hollow and installing a pair of green LED's in his eyes... MUAHAHAHA :p

28. Built2Ride

Built2Ride

Chop it a couple and ditch the fenders. highboy! keep the hood til you drop in the linc flattie! Then I'll buy it for $2000.00! :D

29. tikidiablo

tikidiablo
    from so cal

Fiddy, how is the recovery? Good mto hear the tiki is well received.
    As for the rear tires, they are 700's and should fit ok. The rear fenders are pushed in a couple of inches at the back. After they are pulled out all SHOULD be OK. I plan on dropping everything a couple of more inches all the way around.

Built2ride, haha that is the amount I paid for it!

30. FiddyFour

FiddyFour

I'm doin better n better every day. thanks fer askin :D

PS... fer $2k ya stole it meng :cool: