Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects New Project.. 58 F100

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bloodyknucklehill, Aug 10, 2010.

1. well I let my 47 Ford project go and picked up one that was a bit more complete.. I think I can get this one going with very little work.. It's sat for twelve years but the oil in it looks good and the rockers are nice and clean.. It needs a new drivers side cab corner and some patches in the floor but the bed is solid strangely enough, with just some surface rust in the bed and no really bad dings..

Attached Files:

2. Jay Rush

Jay Rush

Nice

Now you just need to find a 57 grill to go on it and it will look good :D

3. freebird101

freebird101

nice, always liked those pickups

4. zephyrV12

zephyrV12
    BANNED
    from pomona ca

nice truck looks all there

5. It's gonna be cool, hopefully I will see it at a car show around here someday..

6. Nice try Jay.. Funny thing is I was trying to save up to buy your 57 when I ran across this.. I flipped a lid when I saw you were putting yours up for sale for so cheap.. Can't believe someone hasn't scooped it up yet.. I got this thing for $300.. No kidding..

7. krackerjack88

krackerjack88
    from Fresno,Ca

8. You know what I think.

9. matthew mcglothin

matthew mcglothin

heck yeah! sweet truck!

10. Looks like a good solid project !! And that engine looks super clean inside >>>>.

11. Welcome to the "club", hehe...

12. Finally got Frankie da Fridge (what I named the truck) pushed into the shop to begin deconstruction.. The taillight panels had about 3/4 of an inch of bondo hiding some gnarly dents.. Does anyone know if someone makes new panels?

Attached Files:

13. LM14

LM14
    Member Emeritus
    from Iowa

Nobody makes those panels, yours are better than most I have seen.

He's right, needs a '57 grill!

SPark

Attached Files:

14. The lighting is pretty bad.. They're worse than they look in this pic.. So next question would be what do you all think would be the best plan of attack for straightening these out? I was thinking about just cutting them off and pounding them as straight as I could, but i really have no clue how to attack this properly.

15. 100% Matt

100% Matt

Contact Elm City Dave. He just repaired his on his 60

16. Right on.. Thanks for the lead

17. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

18. stukks

stukks

There are probably a couple more of those beds in the salvage yards around Portland. PM me if you are interested.

Also keep an eye out for some of the 60's F100s they sometimes have fridge beds on them too.

19. Thanks.. Looks like Mr. Jay Rush may be coming to my rescue though..The boneyards down here are pretty devoid of 50's ford trucks.. Yeah the early sixties beds were about the same but i've noticed most of the ones i've seen have the same problem.. My buddy at work shut the tail-gate on his 64 and the panel fell off.. The previous owner had repaired it with fiberglass and repainted over it :eek:

20. I like the 58 grille

21. Me too!

22. i want one of these trucks so bad. maybe if i work some OT and save my own pennies, momma won't argue when i bring another piece of junk home. and I agree, stay with the '58 grille!

23. elmcitydave

elmcitydave

24. flatheadfreakv8

flatheadfreakv8

Sweet truck, I have a 60 i am working on. Replacement panels for these trucks are very limited. Good luck on the build.