Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects new project (52 chevy sedan)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sam F., Aug 25, 2008.

1. Jarred Hodges

Jarred Hodges

cool project. I wish I was that good at bodywork

2. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i finally rid the parts car of all the Bees,so this morning i headed back to cut out the quarter sections on the parts car...

brought them back home and got one side mostly installed tonight....if you can see in the pic,,the lower section were it meets the rocker is not welded in,,i will have to patch that area as it has rust through on the donor piece....

oh yeah,,threw the WWW's on for kicks and i was getting tired of airing up the old tires everytime i went to work on it....:(

hopefully i will get to take advantage of this long weekend and 'labor' away!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. lookin pretty slick!

4. 54BOMB

54BOMB

you get work done so fast, its like you have a small army of metal working elves in your garage. :)

5. JRODHOTROD

JRODHOTROD
    from Manor, TX

did you use the inner structure of the panel too

6. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

yes, that was probably what made it a lil more difficult(trimming the inner structre to work )
    but in the end it will be well worth it.

7. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

i wish i did !,,but they would probably just end up getting in my way! :D

8. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

OOOOOO-SH!!!!T...Youza-bad-bad-man!!!

9. Cruiser

Cruiser

SamF,

Some very cool plans for the twice door Chevy, Chevys make very cool customs. It's a good thing you didn't pass on suck a solid ride. Good luck with ride. Post some progress pictures sometime later.

CRUISER :cool:

10. old wood 51

old wood 51
    from NAPA CA.

As a big fan of the 49-52 chevys, I am impressed sir... every one you have gotten your hands on and posted for us to see makes me work harder on mine... keep the progress pics coming.
    Brian.

11. Awesome metal work. Looks great. Can't wait to see more.

12. VICTORBIKES

VICTORBIKES

It sounds like a big proyect i can't wayt tosee it all done good luck!!
    Would you sell me the trim aroun de rear window and the rear windos, pasenger & driver side??

13. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

micro update...did some work over the rear window openings.my original plans were to just use the 2 dr roof,,,but after closer inspection of the 2dr roof,,,it needed to much work so i opted to cut out the surrounds and weld them in......i guess its a two door now...of course there lower quarter window corners arent there because the next move is to chop the top..so that part will get removed anyways...i'm tired ...

thanks for looking..

[​IMG]

as you can see in the this BEFORE pic the 4 dr rear area has a totaly different slope to it.
    [​IMG]

let me know which pieces you need

14. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK

15. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

wow.. nice work. you move fast!

16. wetatt4u

wetatt4u

Sam F.....

You Sir ,

Are good at what you do !

You are a artist for sure and I love watching you do your skills........

The true labor of love show's in everything you touch and it shows in how clean you

keep your shop...

You can be and should be very proud ................

Last edited: Sep 3, 2008
  17. eric

eric

you.....are a very sick man Sam!:D

18. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thanks,,,and thanks guys!

believe me,,my shop gets very dirty,,but when the work is done, i always try and clean up ,,i dont always put all the tools away,but i atleast try and sweep up and roll up all the cords and hoses,,,it makes it so much better the next day when you walk in to the garage and have a clean area to work in!,,but i cant get credit for that habit,,my grandfather was a mechanic back in the day,and passed that habit down to my dad and uncles who are also car mechanics/gearheads ,,so i HAD to learn to do that or else get my ass whipped! :D

ok,,, tonight did some work,,i have been planning the cuts for a while now,,so tonight all i had to do was lay some tape on the A pillars then start cutting..

..i did not want to do this one they way i did the 51 i did last year,,,i wanted to try soemthing different,(what fun is it doing things the same over and over agian:)),so we'll se what happens:D

these pics are only mockup,,,there are only a few tack welds (that will all have to be cut loose) and a stratigically placed 2X4 holding it all together ...the a pillars are tacked,but will have to be cut loose and spread,,but i got tired of fighting it everytime i sould move a cornor around the other side would move drastically!:( you really need a couple extra set of hands at this point! so i threw a couple welds up so i could play with the flow)

..hopefully it rains this weekend so i can play with it again saturday!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

a lil bit of a comparison from 1 1/2 ago :D,,now time for the hard work.:eek: :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 4, 2008
  19. Kustom7777

Kustom7777
    from Austin, TX

20. NOT SO JOLLY ROGER

NOT SO JOLLY ROGER
    from Tennessee

LOOKS GREAT SAM ! keep up the good work .

21. SlowandLow63

SlowandLow63
    from Central NJ

Holy shit! You are an enigma. Now if I could only get off my ass and weork that fast on my car!

22. Chad s

Chad s

Very nice, as always. Im sure the end result will be awesome!

23. ryangobie

ryangobie
    from Jersey

agreed.. looks great

24. Bitch'n (AGAIN) How much did you take out of the roof? Todd

25. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

solid. keep us posted on the build

26. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

thanks Todd! ,,, it's 5" in the front and 6" in the rear.

i have to admit,,i was really really burnned out on the traditional scene for quite a while ,,but after dragging this thing home ,it has gotten me totally pumped!,,

27. Sam F.

Sam F.
    BANNED

a lil update,( iguess this is the way we are supposed to do these updates now? just add to the original thread??? it makes more sense instead of starting a new thread every other day,right? anyways..,,i am still working on it,but took off the weekend
    (my body need time to heal:) haha)
    of course,i have a day job,so i dont aways get to work on it as much as i can,but here is were i am now...(note: the rear lower C-pillar corner is NOT done,,i still need to round it..but for the most part the right side is pretty much done)

still need to do the left side door pst,then start on the back window & C-pillars.........(the FUN PART OF THE JOB!!!:(:))

p.s. i know nobody has mentioned it,but naturally,my plan is for this car to sit really low,,but i have no plans to lower it untill i get the majority(if not all of) the metal work done...doesnt make for as cool progress shots,but it sure is alot easier on my back working on it at this height!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

28. Flop

Flop

geeezus do you move when ya work on a car.. wish i got my work done that fast .. nice work and keep it up. and if ya need any stupid pieces i have a 50 chevy parts car.

29. just saw this post for the first time. RULER!

30. publicenemy1925

publicenemy1925
    from OKC, OK