Register now to get rid of these ads!

new project (47 plymouth build)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by pugs, Feb 1, 2010.

1. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

ok dug into it today got the front clip off as of now and looking to get the the m/t ready to pull and the rear fenders off today yet if possible, ance this is donr i we be bending up my own rockers for it.
    ok a few nothing special pics. will have to clip the front suspension as the crossmember is rusted to bad. not sure which direction i will go yet, mite even do a complete chassis swap or build my own

SANY0827.JPG

SANY0828.JPG

SANY0830.JPG

2. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Well maybe I can learn a thing or 2 from your build. I still have a lot of cactus and rat poop to clean out before i can even get near the fender bolts

3. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

well i went tried my hand at bending up a rocker and this is what i came up with

SANY0831.JPG

SANY0833.JPG

4. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Not bad ! yup I'm gonna need those too . better than what I did I just spent an hour tryin to get the hood back open i shut yesterday.

5. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

i see the rockers from Plymouth Doctor, didnt like the way you had to by all those pieces. so i did this in one piece front to back out of 18 gauge sheet metal

6. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Well maybe you may need to make a cuople more just so you can perfect it. :D

7. Wow that sure is a project...you'll definitely learn something along the way, welding and metal work for sure. But that's what it's all about.;)

Keep up the good work.....I'll be watching.

8. great start!

9. farmer12

farmer12

Looking good pugs! Look forward to the build! Good luck and keep them pics coming.

10. motorhead711

motorhead711

Good luck with the build up....!

11. Spanish Fly

Spanish Fly

if you need parts for your car i have lots parts 46-47 plymouth .

12. George

George

early 70s Chevelle/Cutlass front clips work.

13. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

I may take you up on that offer. Still generating a list of what needs replace and whats fixable.

Funny yesterday I thought nothing of the fact that we closed the hood sunday. Went to pull the hood release and the handle and about 6" of cable fell out in my hand. lol

Hey you have a picture of what the tab above the speedo was for ? and the glove box latch catch/hook ??

14. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

I was just checking out there list of stuff. Good thing the center of my car is solid that center section is spendy.

15. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

thanx guys, its gonna be a long road to get it done. my main thing right now is to get the rockers and crossbraces in so i can get the body off the chassis

16. George

George

Up on the dash? There a high beam indicator that also holds the instrument cluster in place.

17. rustyhood

rustyhood

Puggs, it's good to see another builder on here that really likes a challenge. I have a high respect for guy's that pull hanging rust home and convert it into an awesome ride. I to just started a week ago on a 1947 Ford panel. No frame and the body had been sitting on the ground for God knows how long. The wood floor in the rear fell out while we unloaded it. After the laughs and comments my buddies can't believe what is transfoming each day they come by. Looks like a super fine job fabricating that rocker panel. That is going to be an awesome ride. keep posting you're progress.

18. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

Sorry to thread Jack Pugs
    yes and thanks george

19. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

thanx Rusty, its going to be a big challenge to get the body to an acceptable level, as usual we all find more damage when blowing it apart

n/p MR63 just dont let it happen again:)!!!

20. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

What did you get done today???

21. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

didnt get to much done had a few errands to run thu out the day but working on getting the m/t out and rear fenders and bumper off. of course we had freaking snow here lastnite and a possible another storm coming for the weekend

22. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

bummer the white stuff can really put a damper on things. We to in az are getting a storm or two the next couple days. If I can talk my wife into letting me use her garrage it won't stop my tinkering as my garrage is full of vw crap.

23. bobjob55

bobjob55

hey guys,,,, i found a lot of info. and some really great guys on the dodge site www. p15-d24.com... they are really helpful and are doing a lot of body repair work... some guys are making repair panels for these cars.. check them out.. they are mostly restorers,, but they are ok with hotrodders,, and more than happy to help ... even with my choptop...

24. Wizard

Wizard

I also have parts for that car if needed.

Thanks,

wizard

25. nutajunka

nutajunka

Great to see that you have started...:D

26. And here I am being a slow poke to get the body off my 50.. I just might do that today :-D

27. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

well nothing pic worthy but did get the d/s rear fender off tonite and also went to the local metal shop to have them bend me up a nice pr of rockers like i did the other day. wont get them back till next week tho. it gives me time to get some other things done till then.

28. Mr63

Mr63
    from Gilbert Az

NIce I didnt get squat done had to help a neighbor with a electrical challenge with his pool.

29. Lucky Devil

Lucky Devil

That's one helluva project. Cool part about making your own rockers, you won't have to find those freaking stainless trim. If you need any reference photos, let me know. I have a fairly rust free Club Coupe. I'm pretty sure they are relatively the same as a business coupe?

30. pugs

pugs
    from Hamburg Pa

been busy having to go into work a couple of days and running other errands and got the taxes done. i did manage to get out in the garage tonite. cut out what was left of the floors and started stripping off the old paint, will get pics tomorrow sometime