Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects new project 41 ford pickup!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by merc-o-madness, Jul 7, 2009.

1. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

Well me and my brother Chris - the supersized on the hamb - both have liked the early 40s ford pickups for a long time now, and it just happened that some guy my friend knows just had to sell his 41. so we went up there to check it out not really expecting to buy and it turned out to be a real nice truck. It was already started the guy wanted to build a hardcore street rod outta it but he had to get rid of it. So me and my bro decided to split it 50/50. We both got enough cars to drive to take turns so sharing wont be an issue.
    Well its already painted now for like 10 years got some scratches in it and stuff from sitting and from his kids, so we plan on painting it anyway also because its a god awful early 90s porches red which we both hate! it needs a good going through needs motor, trans and all the good stuff to get it a runner.
    We plan on making it a nice early style hotrod prolly with very minor custom touches. its gunna be a fun lil project!
    also i got a question does anyone know if anybody makes a repair panel that goes underneath the tail gate its like a big U channel. Someone put a really ugly roll pan out back its like a big box made outta square tubing we wanna make it back to stock.

I'd also appreciate any good info on these trucks

some pics

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

also im looking for a seat, it was going to come with some ugly sparco seats but i worked out a deal to get the car cheaper and not get some of the street rod parts.

I believe all cabs from 38-47 are the same so im assuming the seats are too

3. mr.smith

mr.smith

looks cool man, but definitely needs a drop

4. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

yeah we plan on dropping the axle prolly have some big and littles

5. 40streetrod

40streetrod
    from nj

looks like a nice truck to start with

look into this site, it may be of some help to you

www.northernclassictrucks.com

see ya at the whiskey cafe

6. mj40's

mj40's

Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  7. SinisterCustom

SinisterCustom

Whoa! That's a killer start! Pretty hard to beat a '40 Ford pickup for a badass parts hauler......

8. merc-o-madness

merc-o-madness

anyone know if the 39 deluxe grills just fit in?

9. Dontiac

Dontiac

DAMN! Comparing that to the 40 PU I hauled home last fall I'm turning Candy Apple Green with envy. Nice score!

10. DMFB

DMFB

I wish mine was that nice. Damn it.