Register now to get rid of these ads!

New project, 1948 Ford Ute

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by X38, Apr 16, 2008.

1. Something different for you guys. Just started on this one Monday. As I recieved it the car has some rust repairs, a Cleveland fitted and an IFS. My job is to do all the rest. Wheels are definitely going. Also just found out my preferred blaster has a 6 week backlog! First tasks are correcting some of the agricultural engineering then forward ho! Plans are for original type colour, lowering, steel wheels caps and rings. Nothing too fancy. The bed in these things is really big/useful, goes right under the parcel shelf. BTW they came with parallel rear leaves.

Attached Files:

2. noboD

noboD

I sure wish they would have brought utes o the USA. Love the styling.

3. revkev6

revkev6
    from ma

I agree! super badass shop truck right there!

4. KernCountyKid

KernCountyKid
    from Arkansas

nice rare truck. you lucky asses, uh, I mean ausies.

5. Gotta get us a picture of how Ford did parallel leaves under one of these, did they use F1 parts?

6. Koops

Koops

7. 32v

32v
    from v.i.

cool looking ute.....heres a pic one i'm working on.and i know where there is another body just like it if any one is interested

Attached Files:

• 2ute.jpg
      2ute.jpg
      File size:
      54.7 KB
      Views:
  8. Weasel

Weasel

Here's a photo of a 1946 which belonged to a friend of mine. It was sold last fall - 302 Cleveland, Holden IFS, still RHD. It is now in Alabama I believe. Another buddy has a 1940 Ford coupe ute in progress - it sat in my barn for three years.

Attached Files:

9. flatoz

flatoz

good to see X38, these can look really cool sitting nice and low. body doesnt look too bad compaired to some I have seen.

Koops, your mates ute looks pretty good, as that model were real rust buckets, and not helped by the fact that the farmers didnt care to preserve it as it was a work vehicle. Even though Australia manufactured alot of utes, the early ones are rare even here.

Your luck to see many at a rod run, but they are around.

10. cool truck! keep us posted on your progress..

11. 63Compact

63Compact

Damn looks a good start most have no bottom left, keep us updated.

12. I just put glass in a 48 ford Ute. must be a baby Ute! real rare in the states

Attached Files:

13. That would be an Anglia Noname.

14. 4t64rd asked about the rear suspension. Here's a pick of one of the shackles. you can also just see how the sedan rear crossmember is fillled at the factory.

Attached Files:

15. Skirv

Skirv

Yep, pretty rare. I've got one.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. noboD

noboD

Skirv, that is one cute sumbitch!

17. lostn51

lostn51
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Tennessee

yeah what he said....................

18. BigVinDaddyMac

BigVinDaddyMac

X38 That Ute just reeks of potential coolness. I would love for someone here in the states to send us one to build at our shop. (warning, deep pockets will be necessary because I'm rather fond of whittling out one of a kind stainless steel parts and spending hours at a buffing station and everything on the car has to fit or look a certain way...).

I would like to see more pics as your Ute project comes along. It looks interesting.