Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest New ownership of The Forge in Loveland, Colorado

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rexrogers, May 28, 2018.

1. rexrogers

rexrogers

I am proud to announce that after almost 17 years of employment with The Forge LLC, formerly Custom Auto Inc. that as of June 1st , I will take over ownership of The Forge brand name and shop.

The primary focus for now will be on the sheet metal and fabrication side of the hot-rodding and restoration industry. There will be a few turn-key projects rolling through the shop this coming year, I have a few outstanding subcontractors lined up to work with me on these projects. I am continuing to work with our vendors and subcontractors that I have built a relationship with over these past 17 years.
    I am grateful that the current owner of The Forge, Mike Detwiler, has given me the opportunity to continue with The Forge brand. I would like to thank our current customer base whose projects have had some down time this past month during the transition.
    I will be working on updating the website and social media platforms in the next month to reflect these exciting changes.
    On June 1st, 2018, The Forge will be operating out of its new facility at 7035 Homer Road Loveland, CO 80537

Sincerely
    Rex Rogers
    Owner
    The Forge
    7035 Homer Rd
    Loveland, CO 80537
    Cell# (970) 685-1477
    [email protected]
    [email protected]

[​IMG]

2. Congrats Rex on taking the reins at "The Forge". I look forward to seeing what comes next.

3. 41woodie

41woodie

Had never heard of your company but flipped over to the company website to check it out. Very impressive and eclectic mix of completed projects, but the most impressive part is the financial and accounting statements. Sadly too many mechanically talented shops lack the necessary skills to manage the underlying business and projects end up as a nightmare for both parties.
    Hope you are able to keep your crew together and best of luck going forward.

4. KKrod

KKrod

Congratulations Rex. I wish you well.
    Karl Knecht

kidcampbell71 likes this.

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

You are an incredible talent no question, as witnessed here with your sharing the knowledge, fabrication and restorations. Congratulations @rexrogers and Best Wishes and continued success in this Honorable change and restructuring of operations at your Company.

brady1929 and Hnstray like this.
  6. 56premiere

56premiere
    from oregon

Congratulations. Now you can come in early and stay late ,no one will care and you won't get paid any more;).I worked for myself many years:D

loudbang likes this.
  7. catdad49

catdad49

Rex, congrats and Best Wishes in the future! Hey, The Boss Always gets to stay Late!!?

lothiandon1940 likes this.
  8. Hot Rods Ta Hell

Hot Rods Ta Hell

Congrats Rex! You do awesome work! Perhaps an open house/car show is in order that showcases/promotes your shop's work both in progress and on finished cars. A lot of such gatherings have become annual runs.

loudbang likes this.
  9. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Congrats, Rex! Best wishes for continued success.

10. X-cpe

X-cpe

Very true statement about the lack of business skills. It is not technical incompetence that puts most new businesses under but the lack of knowing the what and how of running one. If they have any desires to own or run their own shop I encourage my students to go down campus and take some of the classes that are offered on how to start up and run a small business.

11. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats and keep up the good work.

12. brady1929

brady1929

Congrats. I would wish you good luck, but with your talent, you don't need it.

Stogy likes this.
  13. rexrogers

rexrogers

Thanks for all the comments, I just finished moving all the equipment and tools to the new location yesterday. A little organizing and then I can bring the current project cars over to the new shop. Once that is done i do need to update the shop's website to reflect the changes. Both of the painters took a sevatical last year and we decided to outsource the paint work for now. The other fabricator that worked with me started his own motorcycle shop, so right now the only crew member is myself. A few of the guys that have worked for the shop in the past have their own shops now and I have been working with them on subcontracting the items that just aren't my skill set.
    We have a great set of customers that have been patient with the changeover and the previous owner even has a couple of projects scheduled for the shop.

Stogy likes this.